(Shin) Deshojo

DrTolhur

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I'm interested in getting ideally a shindeshojo, but a deshojo would be acceptable too. On the small side, but with at least enough development that a typical person (not into bonsai) would look at it and say, "That's a bonsai tree." Somewhere around $400.

And a related question: is there any danger in shipping dormant trees that they might be exposed to a problematic amount of warmth in transit? I don't really know what the experience is like to be shipped to know how long they spend where. I'm assuming the vast majority of time is spent outside on trucks, so they wouldn't be bothered, but just checking.

parhamr

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
The Acer genus is much more responsive to daylight length (and accumulated chill hours) than warm temperature as the signal to break dormancy. You’ll be in the clear there.

For sourcing one, however, I can’t be of help. I know a local consignment nursery has some nice Hime Shojo specimens but they don’t ship.

19Mateo83

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I'm interested in getting ideally a shindeshojo, but a deshojo would be acceptable too. On the small side, but with at least enough development that a typical person (not into bonsai) would look at it and say, "That's a bonsai tree." Somewhere around $400.

And a related question: is there any danger in shipping dormant trees that they might be exposed to a problematic amount of warmth in transit? I don't really know what the experience is like to be shipped to know how long they spend where. I'm assuming the vast majority of time is spent outside on trucks, so they wouldn't be bothered, but just checking.
Mr.maple has deshojo right now for $35. They are grafted. Hope this helps.

Top Bottom