Shohin bald cypress...

Vin

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
This is it, Post #83: https://www.bonsainut.com/threads/and-now-for-something-completely-different.23330/page-5

It is not dull now, it has been polished and looks like chrome, Stickroot did make it, his real name is Adam, I think.
Yes, Adam Holden @Stickroot . I approached Adam with the idea of making some stainless steel pots for me. We collaborated and this was one of the results.

SS 1.jpg

Stainless2.jpg

Her it is before I polished it:

SS #2.1jpg.jpg

Vin

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I actually bought a seedling after seeing this one and @MACH5 weeping BC. Hopefully I can make something to compare to them in the future. 😁
AWESOME! Love hearing another who loves the species.

Do you get to see the amazing fall colors in your location? My friend Barb says they go from green to brown down her way.

Moridin

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
AWESOME! Love hearing another who loves the species.

Do you get to see the amazing fall colors in your location? My friend Barb says they go from green to brown down her way.
I got it in October so it already had brown foliage but it's pushing out green already so far so we will see how it does this year. I will say with how much I love the species I figure I'll get a few more and was extremely tempted to buy this on a nursery visit last Saturday with the girlfriend.

Not really shohin size though 😂

Attachments

• IMG_00441.jpg
    IMG_00441.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 110

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I got it in October so it already had brown foliage but it's pushing out green already so far so we will see how it does this year. I will say with how much I love the species I figure I'll get a few more and was extremely tempted to buy this on a nursery visit last Saturday with the girlfriend.

Not really shohin size though 😂
Most bald cypress are mammoth size. Love the carving and trunk on that one!

W3rk

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Mike Lane was kind enough to share an earlier image of my bald cypress...2013 image. I have many comment about the trunkline. This explains how it got from point A to point B.

*Sharing for my own documentation on this thread as well. View attachment 413529
so cool to see it so early on, had such good bones to start with.

Top Bottom