Shohin boxwood new pot needs ID

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I don't know the potter but love it and the tree.

davetree

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thanks Mike. I looked for a couple years to get the right pot for this tree. I think it's a Yamaaki (sp?) pot. This pot is quite a bit smaller than the previous one. Now the challenge will be keeping the tree from drying out this summer, but I am not too worried. It's a tough plant.

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thanks Mike. I looked for a couple years to get the right pot for this tree. I think it's a Yamaaki (sp?) pot. This pot is quite a bit smaller than the previous one. Now the challenge will be keeping the tree from drying out this summer, but I am not too worried. It's a tough plant.
Is it in pure lava?
Or is it just top dressing?

Stan Kengai

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Dave, good to see you here, as it seems you've been absent for a while. . . or maybe that's my mind. Lol

Nice pot and even better tree, though the pot may be a little narrow IMHO. Not sure about the chop. I looked for a few minutes on the japanesebonsaipots site but didn't find anything. I can't read Japanese, but if I had to venture, I'd say your picture is upside down.

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
on the IL-WI border, a mile from ''da Lake''
USDA Zone
5b
From memory, not hitting Ryan Bell's site. I believe that is a Yamaaki or a Yamafusa, one or the other. The signature is definitely imaged upside-down. If it is Yamafusa, it is 3rd generation. I have that exact signature on one of my pots, just don't remember which of the two potters it is.

davetree

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Nice pot and tree, is there a history to it?
The tree is a Saunders dwarf kingsville boxwood. There is very little info on the variety. I killed a really nice one that I had before this one. I got them from Shane Cary but I don't think he is in business anymore.

The pot I bought at an online auction.

Thanks for your nice comments.

Top Bottom