Shohin Cotoneaster

Reaction score
USDA Zone
I had two that did not make it through 0 degree winters.

DirkvanDreven

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I decided to remove the leaves of my small Cotoneaster, to get good view of the structure of the branches. And correct them with some wire of course.

IMG_3990.jpg

IMG_3996.jpg

A lot of work, took me a couple of hours.
Wiring will take longer I think.
And after that, in summer, defoliation again, to remove the wire.

JonW

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I decided to remove the leaves of my small Cotoneaster, to get good view of the structure of the branches. And correct them with some wire of course.

View attachment 348283

View attachment 348284

A lot of work, took me a couple of hours.
Wiring will take longer I think.
And after that, in summer, defoliation again, to remove the wire.
Wow, what a nice bit of ramification. Beautiful tree! Have you grown other varieties? If so, how does this compare? I see Dammeri, Cranberry/Apiculatas, and Horizontalis at nurseries and got a cranberry last year. I've been thinking of getting something like a microphylla as well.

DirkvanDreven

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Wow, what a nice bit of ramification. Beautiful tree! Have you grown other varieties? If so, how does this compare? I see Dammeri, Cranberry/Apiculatas, and Horizontalis at nurseries and got a cranberry last year. I've been thinking of getting something like a microphylla as well.
Thanks.
I have a mame dammeri, a cutting from this tree, and one that I believe to be a C. Horizontalis. That tree is still busy growing a thick trunk.

johnbaz

Mame
Reaction score
That's a li'l beauty!!

I love Cotoneaster for their small leaves and ability to bounce back even when chopped to almost nothing!!

John 👍

Top Bottom