Shohin crabapple, ‘sargentii’

LCD35

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
So did those apples hang on Brian? Since the beginning of this thread, I've moved from southern Idaho to Seattle. I brought a couple hundred crab apple seeds from Boise when I got a good look at excellent apples in the fall and harvested the best looking. They are growing like weeds in this milder climate, but I'm treating heavily for fungus prophylactically given the humidity, moisture, and rain here.

Hope you got some fruit last fall and maybe flowers this year!

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
So did those apples hang on Brian? Since the beginning of this thread, I've moved from southern Idaho to Seattle. I brought a couple hundred crab apple seeds from Boise when I got a good look at excellent apples in the fall and harvested the best looking. They are growing like weeds in this milder climate, but I'm treating heavily for fungus prophylactically given the humidity, moisture, and rain here.

Hope you got some fruit last fall and maybe flowers this year!
Yes, 2 hung on all winter. Looking forward to seeing what happens this year. It’s a bit slow out of the gate, and the one in the ground is already blooming, so hopefully they will overlap enough to cross pollinate.

Top Bottom