Shohin ficus grows aerial roots with three days of Harvey rainfall

Chuah

Shohin
Reaction score
I cannot believe this is happening. We are inundated with rain from Hurricane Harvey for three days. Went out to check my bonsai and found several shohin ficus started growing new aerial roots! 100% humidity for 3 days or more may be the key to growing aerial roots. Did not find new aerial roots on larger ficus.

IMG_0540.JPG
IMG_0545.JPG

markyscott

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
I cannot believe this is happening. We are inundated with rain from Hurricane Harvey for three days. Went out to check my bonsai and found several shohin ficus started growing new aerial roots! 100% humidity for 3 days or more may be the key to growing aerial roots. Did not find new aerial roots on larger ficus.

View attachment 158612
View attachment 158611

Ok - now I've got to go and check mine too. Thanks Hoe - pitch black and pouring down rain in the middle of a tropical storm looking for aerial roots appearing on my ficus. Good news is that my wife already knows I'm crazy. Wait - what's the plural of ficus? Is it fici? Ficuses?

Chuah

Shohin
Reaction score
Ok - now I've got to go and check mine too. Thanks Hoe - pitch black and pouring down rain in the middle of a tropical storm looking for aerial roots appearing on my ficus. Good news is that my wife already knows I'm crazy. Wait - what's the plural of ficus? Is it fici? Ficuses?
Don't know if there is a plural form. Call it what you want. A single data is acceptable these days for a single datum.

Top Bottom