Shohin Satsuki Azalea

Mellow Mullet

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8-9
I trimmed this one today. I has not bloomed yet, the cold winter really made every thing happen later this year. I left one bud, this one is Chinzan. What do you think? The first one is the before.

Attachments

• DSC07566=2.jpg
    DSC07566=2.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 147
  • DSC07568-2.jpg
    DSC07568-2.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 134
  • DSC07569-1.jpg
    DSC07569-1.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 103

Mellow Mullet

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8-9
Thanks, Dario, and yes, I still have it in that pot. I think that this will be its last year in it though, it is really too shallow for an azalea and I think that I will look for a deeper one.

John

Mellow Mullet

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8-9
It Finally Bloomed

Snapped these this evening, I am really grateful that it survived the storm earlier this week. Anyway, here it is, what do you think?

Thanks,

John

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 66
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 78

Mellow Mullet

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8-9
Thanks, Vince. We did not have much flooding in my area, we live on pretty high ground, but we had an awful hail storm that lasted about 30 -45 minutes of dime to quarter sized hail. I did not anticipate it (I have only seen hail that large once before in my lifetime) so I did not move anything in, except for the ones that are a little top heavy and are prone to being blown over in high winds.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
5A
Its amazing the difference a few degrees north makes. You talk about the winter making everything late. You should see my satsuki. Mine are just beginning to wake. Yours is green and blooming. You have flowers and oak tassels. We are just now getting buds swelling on inground maples here. The only think green is moss and skunk cabbage.....

Mellow Mullet

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8-9
The Chinzan is always the first to bloom, followed by the Gumpos. I have a few other varieties that the buds are still tight on. It is interesting how the seasons differ from state to state.

John

Top Bottom