Shohin Shimp

TimZ8

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I just bought this shohin from Colin Lewis and thought I would share. Although it's a young tree Colin did a great job making it look older and refined. I really like the snake like shape of the trunk and the nice shari work. It stands 7.5" with a 3/4" trunk.

Tim

Attachments

• Colin shimp.jpg
    Colin shimp.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 216

irene_b

Omono
Reaction score
I just bought this shohin from Colin Lewis and thought I would share. Although it's a young tree Colin did a great job making it look older and refined. I really like the snake like shape of the trunk and the nice shari work. It stands 7.5" with a 3/4" trunk.

Tim

I like that one Tim....:D

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
I like the tree as well but there are a few simple ways you can improve it if you are interested in my opinion---serious opinion; not sarcasm or the old classic send it to me. I believe this could be a truly wonderful tree in a couple of years.

Si Nguyen

Omono
Reaction score
That's a beauty! The shari work seemed like it had been done a while back and the live vein edges are nicely rolled over. Fat live veins too. That's a healthy tree. Enjoy it!
Thanks for showing it.
Si

bonsai barry

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I like the way the shari leads to the jin with a slight interruption of green near the top. I'd be interested to see it with about a three degree lean to the right and about the same amount of lean toward the viewer .

TimZ8

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thanks everyone! Can't wait to work it some.

Tim

Bill S

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
I think Vance is thinking like I am, a little wiring, and pruning/thining to show branch ramification.

Nice tree though. Definate potential.

TimZ8

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Bill,
Yes, Vance did have that and other good advice for matching the foliage to the trunk. We talked by PM.

Tim

Top Bottom