Shohin Shimpaku Air Layer

JRDillWFM

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Now I'm really interested in getting some Shimpaku from Evergreen. it feels weird not seeing the tree before buying though. What do these look like when you purchase them?

0soyoung

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Now I'm really interested in getting some Shimpaku from Evergreen. it feels weird not seeing the tree before buying though. What do these look like when you purchase them?
First line in the OP of this thread:
The parent tree was also from Evergreen Gardenworks, it has a thread here called Crazy Shimpaku. As purchased in 2013
Use the BNut search (spy glass icon on the menu bar)

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
He has photos of his specimen trees online, so you do see the tree. Each of the 6-7 “specimen” trees I’ve bought from him has been much better in person than the photos showed. http://www.evergreengardenworks.com/specimen.htm

JRDillWFM

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Thanks. I was looking in the catalog and only saw the small and one gallon shimpaku prices at around $30. No photos there. Thanks again!
Right. For $30 you’re getting a 1/2” trunk to grow out. No photos necessary because it won’t look the same in 3 years.

Top Bottom