Shohin Soft Tosho gets its first styling

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Looks taller than 8" :) I like it.
What's the game plan for the apex over the next several years?
It’s not going to get any taller. I might thin the whole tree out, to mKe it more sparce. But, not yet. Like I said, I want to repot it this spring. And foliage is it’s strength. So, I want to keep more foliage to help power thru the next repotting.

Japonicus

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
It’s not going to get any taller. I might thin the whole tree out, to mKe it more sparce. But, not yet. Like I said, I want to repot it this spring. And foliage is it’s strength. So, I want to keep more foliage to help power thru the next repotting.
Of course. I was just wondering how you planned to develop the final apex
hiding the back branch at the top. Then too, we haven't seen the back side either.
I would probably go another inch and a half up and branch a little over the future 5 years or so,
or maybe you can break that bend down a bit more.

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Of course. I was just wondering how you planned to develop the final apex
hiding the back branch at the top. Then too, we haven't seen the back side either.
I would probably go another inch and a half up and branch a little over the future 5 years or so,
or maybe you can break that bend down a bit more.
Here is more of a close up of the apex:

C768D54D-9C5B-4FB8-83AD-1FEC628A2256.jpeg

It’s a weeping cultivar. I didn’t even have to wire it to make that apex curve down.

Esolin

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Beautiful tree! I love Confertas--they're the closest I can get to growing something that looks like a fir or spruce in my climate. I just wish they thickened up faster. Mine are sticks (and will be for a very long while).

Top Bottom