Shohin Stand

treekutter

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
shohin stand.jpgstand.jpg What do you think of the stand.I want your opinion. This is not a traditional stand.

treekutter

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I bought it at a yard sale for 10 dollars

jk_lewis

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
I think that if you plan to use this in a formal display, you will have to find a couple of very special trees to put on it, perhaps like that conifer in the first pic. Otherwise, the stand is a bit too "busy" and might tend to pull the viewer's eyes from the trees and to the curlicues on the stand. It could be used effectively for a larger-than-shohin tree on the top part.

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I'll give you 15.00 and that crappy pyracantha back, and you can bring the stand to my house and I will use it for my stones:)

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
:EDIT:

On taking a second look at the pyracantha I have decided that it is way better than when I got it so maybe the pyracantha and 5.00?

edprocoat

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I like the stand, the color seems perfect, beautiful yet muted enough not to detract from the plants on it, also it looks very strong which is a plus.

ed

Ang3lfir3

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
the stand is certainly too busy for displaying any shohin on (imho) ..... very nice stand tho... maybe a very special tree and a nice suiseki underneath???

or just display stones on it??? .....

random: I never thought my house was too small until I started collecting stones.....

timhanson81

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Am I crazy, or is the semi-cascade in the second picture a Flannelbush? If it is, does it produce flowers for you?

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I don't care for it much (for bonsai) because it is too heavy and detracts from the trees. It looks to me like a bookshelf. Maybe for books on shohin? :)

treekutter

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Nut I have a small shohin book collection. Thanks for all of the comments. I like the suiseki idea. The cascade is an English ivy.

Top Bottom