Shohin white pine

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I see you plucked old needles to make it easier to wire. You shouldn’t do that with a JWP. Wait until a little later in the summer or early fall, and the old needles will turn yellow and brown, and then they will fall off when you touch them. plucking needles that are still green can introduce diseases, and weaken the tree. I think you should have waited another month before attempting to wire the tree.

Chopsie

Shohin
Reaction score
I see you plucked old needles to make it easier to wire. You shouldn’t do that with a JWP. Wait until a little later in the summer or early fall, and the old needles will turn yellow and brown, and then they will fall off when you touch them. plucking needles that are still green can introduce diseases, and weaken the tree. I think you should have waited another month before attempting to wire the tree.
I didn’t pluck anything
I cut the needles to apply wire, our summer in the uk might be totally different to what you deal with

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I didn’t pluck anything
I cut the needles to apply wire, our summer in the uk might be totally different to what you deal with

Nice little pine

Didn't you guys just have a week or more of record high temperatures? Was all over the news about how hot it was there and here

Chopsie

Shohin
Reaction score
Didn't you guys just have a week or more of record high temperatures? Was all over the news about how hot it was there and here
Yes two weeks ago
It’s now back to our normal weather during summer 24 degrees on average

Shogun610

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Nice tree but you are lucky you didn’t strip the bark , trees in full growth and sap flow is like a Porsche 911 and still fleshy which can make the bark rub off easier.

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I didn’t pluck anything
Ok, that’s better than pulling them, but you still should have waited.

Wattsy

Yamadori
Reaction score
I so want one of these but here in the uk that is 300 pounds I ain’t got that’s a lovely tree enjoy it

Top Bottom