markyscott

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Balanced and more mature. It really is an improvement from where you started. Nice work as usual!

Thank you Vin. These are my favorite kind of ficus.

Scott

Reactions: Vin

Pads

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Excellent tree! Did you start this as a cutting? At what temp range does it grow the most?

This is my first season with a little willow leaf and I am aiming at a shohin. It is now marker pen thick. It is in a shallow pot since I read that it helps to build up the trunk.

Currently temps here range from 15 to 20c (58-72F) but I see little growth (I have it in full sun). Humidity here ranges from 50% in the day to 70% at night during the spring-summer months.

markyscott

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Excellent tree! Did you start this as a cutting? At what temp range does it grow the most?

This is my first season with a little willow leaf and I am aiming at a shohin. It is now marker pen thick. It is in a shallow pot since I read that it helps to build up the trunk.

Currently temps here range from 15 to 20c (58-72F) but I see little growth (I have it in full sun). Humidity here ranges from 50% in the day to 70% at night during the spring-summer months.

Hi pads. This tree was started from a cutting. They thicken and develop quickly, especially if you can keep them warm enough and give them sufficient light over the winter. As the temperature warms you’ll see more and more growth. They really start moving when daytime temperatures hit 90 (32C).

S

Reaction score
nice shohin

Why defoliate? On the other ficus post you mentioned that defoliation was not very useful ...

my nellie

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
First defoliation a couple of weeks ago.

View attachment 189916

I do admire the ramification of this Ficus!

Dear @markyscott my little one is just now putting on new leaves after self defoliation in winter.
It always does so when moved inside for wintering :(
It looks like yours in the photo above. New leaves just at the tips and no new backbudding.

What would be the technique you suggest in order to achieve back buds to sprout?
Thank you in advance!

Top Bottom