Shohinapalooza

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Spring has sprung and the smaller bonsai are beginning to make their move. Repotting is done and today was spent cleaning pots and pinching and pruning the smaller trees. I marked this day with a couple photo's.

Happy days, Al

Attachments

• DSC_00261.JPG
    DSC_00261.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 291
  • DSC_00272.JPG
    DSC_00272.JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 311
  • DSC_00283.JPG
    DSC_00283.JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 317
  • DSC_00331.JPG
    DSC_00331.JPG
    77.1 KB · Views: 295
Last edited:

BonsaiWes

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Cool stuff, looks great all displayed together on your wood work. Enjoy!

anttal63

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8-9
great display al, some really cool sh*t goin down on those shelves.

too bad your siging off line is not cool:p (only being cheeky pal)

Last edited:

JTGJr25

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Very, very nice. I can only hope I'll have a collection like that one day.

Tom

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Last year when I showed what was going on with most of my shohin, all the tridents were lacking. All had been moved to grow pots a year or two before.

Today I decided to show one that will be repotted next spring to a show pot. This is a formal upright trident shohin. I have worked on the tree for many years but progress was slow due to my impatience to get it to a show pot in spite of really improveing the tree before the small pot. The canopy is much more to my liking now as it never looked quite right before. The lower branches were always out of charecter for this tree and with the increased size and ramification it looks much better. The nebari ain't bad either:D

Tree is 9 inches tall with a 1.75 inch trunk at the waist and a 4 inch spread on the nebari.

Attachments

• DSC_000114.JPG
    DSC_000114.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 170
  • DSC_00022.JPG
    DSC_00022.JPG
    66.5 KB · Views: 142

R_F

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Nice Al. Do you have any photos of the tree when it was leafless?

....oh yes, the nebari is yummy :D

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
Last year when I showed what was going on with most of my shohin, all the tridents were lacking. All had been moved to grow pots a year or two before.

Today I decided to show one that will be repotted next spring to a show pot. This is a formal upright trident shohin. I have worked on the tree for many years but progress was slow due to my impatience to get it to a show pot in spite of really improveing the tree before the small pot. The canopy is much more to my liking now as it never looked quite right before. The lower branches were always out of charecter for this tree and with the increased size and ramification it looks much better. The nebari ain't bad either:D

Tree is 9 inches tall with a 1.75 inch trunk at the waist and a 4 inch spread on the nebari.

Just a bunch of old "D" trees, where is the good stuff, you know the "conifers". Are you hiding them ?

Harry

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Look harder at those pictures you ole buzzard, there's plenty of conifers in there.

What are you blind in one eye;)

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
Look harder that those pictures you ole buzzard, there's plenty of conifers in there.

What are you blind in one eye;)

Yah and can't see out of the out of the other ! But I can smell them when I'm in range.
Harry

Last edited:

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Nice Al. Do you have any photos of the tree when it was leafless?

....oh yes, the nebari is yummy :D

I don't have a current one, but there are some old ones on bonsaiTALK. I can't get them right now but in a week or two I should be able to retrieve them. BT is up but the archives are not.

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I lied...I found one from last year.

Attachments

• DSC_000214.JPG
    DSC_000214.JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 129

R_F

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Nice. I look forward to seeing it in its show pot.

bonsaibiker

Seedling
Reaction score
Wow! Really cool display area you have there. I like the wood spirits that are watching over the trees too.

Top Bottom