image.jpeg this is a 12 year old jade at my farmers market. Asking price is 50$
It's quite large..well over a foot both directions
Think it's worth it?

Jester217300

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6A
If they're available locally $50 is a bit much. If they're not common locally (ie in Pennsylvania) $50 is ok. You could probably do better if you really searched but if you'd like to buy it it's not a bad price since they're not native to your region.

Redwood Ryan

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Keep in mind that it doesn't look like the typical dwarf variety. The leaves are large and would require a larger tree.

Lauren Shisler

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Offer them 35USD...

Grimmy
Got her down to 40. Figured since it's a farmers market I could support the old lady.

$35 like Grimmy said and throw in the Fairy Gardens sign!!!

DANG IT. Should have asked her for it! Haha

Keep in mind that it doesn't look like the typical dwarf variety. The leaves are large and would require a larger tree.

I considered that. I knew it was much too big for bonsai. It may just turn into a lets-try-to-not-kill this plant for me. From what I've read about jades they can be trained to be smaller.

It's a little bigger than I originally thought as well..

image.jpeg
A near 3 inch base, as well as over nearly 17in across

JoeR

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I would definently have purchased one of those plantings too... How much were they?

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I was going to say no to the flubbery thing.
But I see I'm too late. Oh well.

GrimLore

Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I considered that. I knew it was much too big for bonsai. It may just turn into a lets-try-to-not-kill this plant for me. A near 3 inch base, as well as over nearly 17in across

That type of Jade makes a nice addition to a Foyer/Entrance. They require little water and do far better if allowed to dry between watering. They get LARGE if you let them. The parent of this one weighs in at 150 LBS + and it was a 4 inch tall plant 4 years ago -

Jade Office 2.jpg

Grimmy

Lobaeux

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10B
I think it's pretty. In a nice pot, you've got yourself a nice plant. I'm not sure if it's worth to try to bonsai, but having other plants is nice too.

I've got some Adeniums I absolutely love in pots around my place and some other succulents. It's just nice to have some variety.

Lauren Shisler

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I think it's pretty. In a nice pot, you've got yourself a nice plant. I'm not sure if it's worth to try to bonsai, but having other plants is nice too.

I've got some Adeniums I absolutely love in pots around my place and some other succulents. It's just nice to have some variety.

I have such a soft spot for cacti and succulents. But Where on earth did you get your Adeniums? were they local in your area? I've been dying to get my hands on one!

But the idea of online sellers still scares me :)

Lobaeux

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10B
They are sold locally in our area, and for big dollar too.

Here's one of the ones we have upfront. I've got two more in the back in big pots and then a small one in a bonsai training pot.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    185.7 KB · Views: 11

Lauren Shisler

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
They are sold locally in our area, and for big dollar too.

Here's one of the ones we have upfront. I've got two more in the back in big pots and then a small one in a bonsai training pot.

It looks beautiful. Somehow I'll get my hands on one someday..

Top Bottom