Should I Collect This Oak

Hack Yeah!

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I think I'd pass as well. Evaluate the chance of survival, amount of after care, time to fix the roots and time to transition the chop. Probably equal to finding a much smaller tree that you can create your vision for this one... of course I'm guessing, lol

Darth Masiah

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
yeah, i was thinking no, too. it'll take too long to grow transitions out and fix roots.

Darth Masiah

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
last year i forgot to get some acorns. thought they'd be almost done by now, but looks like I'm way too early.
is this live oak?

20220902_140029.jpg20220902_131851.jpg

Wulfskaar

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
It looks like a live oak to me. Is that in New Zealand??? Are there native oaks there?

As for the acorns, wait until they easily pop out of the cap. At that point, they are ready.

Darth Masiah

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I clicked on your location (not SE US). I have never seen a word with 3 Y's in a row!
yeah, still pisses me off that kid took all yoda's trees he'd been working on when he passed. i think his name was luuuk.

Darth Masiah

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Mind adding your state to your location because the name of where you are made me thing Alaska or someplace in Europe honestly
no way mugle. just ignore me and you won't have to thing about it. :)

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
no way mugle. just ignore me and you won't have to thing about it. :)
Had to Google it to figure out what it was. I don't remember that level of detail from Star Wars at this point in my life.

I've seen all the Star Wars movies and Star Trek too. Mugle is from Harry Potter. Seen Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind more times than I can count. It's one of my favorite movies.

I dont think Wookies have the dexterity for bonsai and Jabba will just use em for toothpicks.
You want to pretend you're in some make believe world, and not help people help you by giving them a proper location, GL getting good bonsai advice when people can't figure out where you are and don't want to ask over and over.

Live Long and Prosper

Last edited:

Darth Masiah

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Had to Google it to figure out what it was. I don't remember that level of detail from Star Wars at this point in my life.

I've seen all the Star Wars movies and Star Trek too. Mugle is from Harry Potter. Seen Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind more times than I can count. It's one of my favorite movies.

I dont think Wookies have the dexterity for bonsai and Jabba will just use em for toothpicks.
You want to pretend you're in some make believe world, and not help people help you by giving them a proper location, GL getting good bonsai advice when people can't figure out where you are and don't want to ask over and over.

Live Long and Prosper
🖖

Top Bottom