• No, I don't waste my time with nursery stock/mugo pines

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Quince

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I found this mugo at a local nursery and would have posted it on the Train septin Vance was sayin some pretty important stuff and I didn't want to interrupt the direction of that was going in. This tree is obviously leggy and I have no idea what's going on under the surface, but it has a lot more "character" than the other mugos I've been playing with. I'm thinking about reducing one of the side trunks to a stub and building a tree from the remaining two. Let me know what you think.
image.jpeg

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Personally, I would take a pass. When looking at pines, I am always looking for low growth. This tree is already too leggy for me.

Tieball

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I'd pass and move on to something else if you have a want to spend money.
It's leggy and there's not much going on really. The roots are messy like a creature crawling out of the sea. The lower trunk looks like a stack of donuts. Pass.

zelk

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
I'd pass and move on to something else if you have a want to spend money.
It's leggy and there's not much going on really. The roots are messy like a creature crawling out of the sea. The lower trunk looks like a stack of donuts. Pass.
LOL this^^

Quince

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Thanks for the feedback. I am now feeling like I was right to hesitate. @Tieball Love the description lol.

Top Bottom