Shout Out to American Bonsai

AZbonsai

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
My daughter gifted me with a tool sharpening gift for Father's Day through American Bonsai. Turned 3 of my tools in and received 3 tools back. A hand written note on the invoice says, "I replaced two of the tools because they had too large of nicks to sharpen. Charged only for one sharpening service :)"

Now how is that for service!!! Thanks American Bonsai.
20200730_185040.jpg

RJG2

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I already "loved" your post, but it needs more: o_O🤩🥳

Speaking of which, I need to figure out how to sharpen concave and knob cutters (not that mine need it yet)...

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I already "loved" your post, but it needs more: o_O🤩🥳

Speaking of which, I need to figure out how to sharpen concave and knob cutters (not that mine need it yet)...
I use a gouge chisel slip stone for knob cutters. I like water stones, but they make oil stones too.

Mr. Bonsai

Yamadori
Reaction score
Awesome!

Now that is customer service you don't often get these days and I will most definitely keep American Bonsai into serious consideration when making a decision to purchase.....for anything bonsai!

Wow!...they even offer gold plating for the very serious bonsai user!

DonovanC

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
And you’re pleased with the tools? I’ve looked at AB tools a lot but haven’t made a move yet. How long have you had them?

AZbonsai

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
And you’re pleased with the tools? I’ve looked at AB tools a lot but haven’t made a move yet. How long have you had them?
Going on a year now. I feel like they are great tools. I just purchased a pair of pliers. Good quality at an affordable price!

DonovanC

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Going on a year now. I feel like they are great tools. I just purchased a pair of pliers. Good quality at an affordable price!
Affordable for sure! The prices are very reasonable. I’m definitely considering the investment.

AZbonsai

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I would say they are a good step up...maybe two...from the cheap starter set I originally bought. A good fit for where I am in my bonsai journey.

DonovanC

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I have a pair of rounded concave cutters from Tian Bonsai, which is decent quality, but the rest of my tools are nameless mass produced tools from amazon. So just about anything is an upgrade for me. Definitely looking forward to replacing all my tools.

Nimster64

Seedling
Reaction score
What are your go to tools? I am a beginner and only have small trees. I have a dwarf Japanese red maple a few umbrella trees a snow rose and a couple junipers I am on the north side of Chicago zone 5b if anyone is in the area and is selling pots or tools send me a message. Thank you

Traken

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
What are your go to tools? I am a beginner and only have small trees. I have a dwarf Japanese red maple a few umbrella trees a snow rose and a couple junipers I am on the north side of Chicago zone 5b if anyone is in the area and is selling pots or tools send me a message. Thank you
I don't know how far you want to go, but BC Bonsai in Wheaton carries American Bonsai tools (as well as other brands) and various pots. I believe you currently need to make an appointment to visit, but that might not be a bad place to check if you didn't want to buy online.

Nimster64

Seedling
Reaction score
I don't know how far you want to go, but BC Bonsai in Wheaton carries American Bonsai tools (as well as other brands) and various pots. I believe you currently need to make an appointment to visit, but that might not be a bad place to check if you didn't want to buy online.
Thank you for sharing I will look into it I am in Skokie ILL

Top Bottom