Show auction tree

Giga

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
I would have done a lot more cut backs,have you thought about doing that? This tree is still very much in development and would benefit from more taper, least it's what I would do.I might even remove that really thick left branch too. I like the color choice on the pot but maybe a large flat oval would look great too. All in all a great tree!
IMG_5362.JPG

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I keep thinking of the Marble Wall Winter show.

Can't shake it.

Cali!

Love this base!

Sorce

erb.75

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I would have done a lot more cut backs,have you thought about doing that? This tree is still very much in development and would benefit from more taper, least it's what I would do.I might even remove that really thick left branch too. I like the color choice on the pot but maybe a large flat oval would look great too. All in all a great tree!
View attachment 174489
I'd take it down even more than your virtual to get a little more movement in the branches

Eric Group

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Picked up this "Gumball" Liquidambar in the auction at this past weekends Winter Silhouette show. Grown in a 24" tub, pruned and potted.View attachment 174482 View attachment 174483 View attachment 174484 View attachment 174485 View attachment 174486
Kind of reminds me of a smaller version of the tree Ryan worked in the second half of the Mirai live stream last night! Has similar branch structure- potential for a double apex and the branch about halfway down on the right has some kind of funky angles in it that could add interest... if you have a subscription and havent seen it yet, go check that obe out! Great info on deciduous pruning.

bonsaibp

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
Kind of reminds me of a smaller version of the tree Ryan worked in the second half of the Mirai live stream last night! Has similar branch structure- potential for a double apex and the branch about halfway down on the right has some kind of funky angles in it that could add interest... if you have a subscription and havent seen it yet, go check that obe out! Great info on deciduous pruning.
I will check it out .

GGB

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Nice! American sweetgum or the Asiatic species?

justBonsai

Omono
Reaction score
Nice! American sweetgum or the Asiatic species?
Looks like the American variety to me? Nice tree though. Sweetgums are among the species that will reliably produce fall color in Southern California every year.

Tieball

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I think that I have misunderstood something in measurements. If the trunk is 9” in diameter...the pot looks to be at least 3x the trunk. But the pot is 18”. I’m missing something.

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Use any power tools on the root ball? Looks like a pretty massive reduction......nice!!!!
Trunk is a least that much bigger than a can of Fosters....and that's chunky!!:cool::cool::cool:

Top Bottom