Show me your janky garden creations.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Hope all have been well during this crazy few months. I haven't been lurking around the site much lately, but decided I'd pop in for a few this morning and start a thread. Show me your janky garden creations to help with Bonsai! One of my most enduring memories of my grandpa is all the crazy carts and wagons he would cobble together in his garage for various tasks. I have several trees that were worked hard late in the year and I will need to move them in and out of my garage as the temps fluctuate. Garden carts are way out of my budget, but I found a moving dolly for $20 at harbor freight, and a handle for it, some carriage bolts... an unused pallet and...

Rolling Bonsai Pallet Cart! Not useful for moving across terrain but does a great job moving about 15 worked trees between my garage and the driveway. Lets see some of your cheap workarounds.

palletcart.jpg

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
View attachment 340008I made this the other day. It’s made from a pole I dug up while excavating my pond, and some scrap wood that was laying around. All different types of wood, so I hit it with a flamethrower to make it all black.

That's actually pretty nice, man. You sure you don't have some shade cloth hung over clothes lines or something? 😁

Eckhoffw

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4b
Really like this thread idea!
Wish I could show you my jank, but all contraptions are down for the winter.
🦩

stu929

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
That's actually pretty nice, man. You sure you don't have some shade cloth hung over clothes lines or something? 😁
Hey now, don't hate on emergency shade cloth. I thought I was going to lose my baldy which is in the ground, very rapid transition to summer and all the branches dried up and were dying. I hammered some 2x1 into the round to make a way to shade it.... looks a bit like hell but baldy came storming back and is alive Sucks that I lost some growth but at least he lived!

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Hey now, don't hate on emergency shade cloth. I thought I was going to lose my baldy which is in the ground, very rapid transition to summer and all the branches dried up and were dying. I hammered some 2x1 into the round to make a way to shade it.... looks a bit like hell but baldy came storming back and is alive Sucks that I lost some growth but at least he lived!

Man, I'm still upset that according to @Ruddigger my benches are now janky!

TN_Jim

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Chrome don’t get ya home, but on the way always keep it janky!

table found in dumpster topped with surface from broken rolling cart we used to have in the kitchen with rotting pallet sidecar
E065A6E3-704D-4515-8A98-E19E3B788168.jpeg

table from side of road topped with plywood neighbor was throwing out from renovation
06B37E0D-41C1-40F5-93CA-65C4C9A131FA.jpeg

leaf from dining table found in old building
26296C26-EB90-466E-B2CE-7BC6006C2568.jpeg

good score here, neighbor around the corner cut down a big Osage orange and left this on the street....bet they went through 15 chainsaw blades
ACDA9085-336B-48F8-AA69-1DCEEF4A226D.jpeg

chair found on side of road just before Halloween, work and peace has been found in this chair, it just needs some love, got some reasonable questions from my wife on this one, but probably more potential here than the others
867962CC-E17D-4F3C-86CF-72365CAF8512.jpeg

...not exactly tools or functionality in motion here, yet @cheap_walmart_art your cart and this thread is inspiring.
jank on, thank you

Top Bottom