Show ready trees

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
There are so many here with trees that amaze me every time I see their trees. I read their posts carefully and try to imitate their action on my trees when I am in similar situations. Of course mine now are a long way to be like theirs and may never be.

That said my trees are always show ready. I have amazed friends and family with the level of crazy things I did with my trees.

Show readiness is all about the audience. Mine are not ready for the world, for bonsai critics, but for me and my friends they are always show ready.

At worst they can be shown as examples of what not to do next time :D

Last edited:

Adamski77

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8/9
Love the spirit! I also have just few bushes that one day might pretend to be a bonsai trees but I have a long term plan for every one of them and just keep working and doing my thing. Funny enough when my friends or family come to our house they always stand in front of the bench and looking at my trees like this would be a world renowned collection 😂😂😂😜😜😜
Really type of appreciation that keeps me going every single day…

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I brought this mediocre tree to display at the art show the other...week....

My Tie-Die shirt selling neighbor made a comment like, "I like how it's there with the roots", or something of that nature, made me think about how even a "novice" crowd enjoys what we are supposed to have them enjoy. "The rules".

20220611_144007.jpg

Sorce

Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
To expand on sorce's post, the club I attend has an annual spring show which naturally is very modest in comparison to any proper exhibition. One benefit that arises is many new, novice or intermediate practitioners who belong to the club are able to participate because the public lacks the foundation of knowledge necessary to objectively critique any given tree. Even the most untrained and undeveloped pieces of material get at least a few votes for "Favorite Tree" because something about it stuck the fancy of somebody in attendance, which I think is very in the spirit of any show oriented toward presenting to the public.

Top Bottom