Show us your tool box/bag

kmdesigns

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
On another forum I'm a part of we did a show us your EDC bag. I thought it might be kinda cool to see what might turn up on a website like this. Show us your setup maybe some of your favorite or most useful tools.

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Here is one of the toolbags that I carry with me. I also have a toolbox for electric carving tools, and one more specifically for repotting.

Hard to tell by a photo into the bag, so I labeled it...which made me realize how eclectic the mix is; but I use everything in it regularly, or it wouldn't be in the bag!

Attachments

• toolbag photo.JPG
    toolbag photo.JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 258

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Here is mine,http://www.whitefurze.net/detail.php?ref=F0220

Converting to LDPE flexi trugs for my potting supplies,including a large pan shaped one for doing the potting in.

Like so,http://containerama.com/image.php?object_type=detailed&image_id=263

I favour grape snips from Bahco,my favourite tool.

Every sensible fiber of my being SCREAMED "DON'T CLICK ON THESE LINKS!!!!" Yet, I couldn't help myself. I braced myself for anything...and up came a bacon box...wouldn't have ever guessed it.

Klytus

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I have several,each houses several similar types of tool all stacked neatly and instantly grabable.

I never use them for actual bacon.

It's the same in the greenhouse,only with larger containers from the same range for the larger tools.

Bill S

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
:D I'll get a pix of mine, Brian I think yo will like it, it might even be close to what you expected from the links. It is an old shoe shine box, nice fingerjointed construction, hinged top, to which I added a turntable.

The box fits neatly into a milk crate which picks up the wire and misc. stuff that you don't want cluttering up the tool area. It's no bacon box but it serves well.

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I bought this bag late last year. They were closing them out at Home Depot for $50.00 down from a "C" note.

I like it though it is rather heavy full of everything, but then again it has everything with one grab. I can carry the bag and a shohin to workshop with one trip to the truck.

One side zips down for the tools and the other side hold about 7 kilo's of Alu. wire.

Attachments

• DSC_00020002.JPG
    DSC_00020002.JPG
    96.7 KB · Views: 215
  • DSC_00030003.JPG
    DSC_00030003.JPG
    76.8 KB · Views: 182
  • DSC_00040004.JPG
    DSC_00040004.JPG
    111.9 KB · Views: 210
  • DSC_00050005.JPG
    DSC_00050005.JPG
    103.3 KB · Views: 189

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
For carving this is my arsenal....

Minigrinder with chainsaw attachment, arbortech and the die grinder with 1/4, 3/8 and half inch carbide core box router bits.

Attachments

• DSC_000100011.JPG
    DSC_000100011.JPG
    156.7 KB · Views: 129

bretts

Shohin
Reaction score
What Brand of tools do you like?

kmdesigns

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
I've only been at this about 9 months and have managed to get by with just a Fujiyama concave cutter and a pair of Fujiyama shears. I've been very happy with them and until I can afford to buy all my other tools I just use what my teacher has. I'll see if I can't get a shot of his tool bucket and post it up.

bretts

Shohin
Reaction score
I have gone from zip top tool bag which had me digging for tools to a tool roll which would not fit enough tools. Then I saw your tool bag Al and thought that was great. I searched around for that particular bag. Found it for $30 in a couple of bargain online stores but they where out of stock. Could have had it shipped here from Amazon for $109 which was ok but had a chance to check out a major hardware store and found this which although not as big as yours Al I am very happy. Thanks for the idea :)

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 111
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 111
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 138

Mike423

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Here's my basement work room where I do my major repottings and work

Attachments

• Work Room.jpg
    Work Room.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 132

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
Every sensible fiber of my being SCREAMED "DON'T CLICK ON THESE LINKS!!!!" Yet, I couldn't help myself. I braced myself for anything...and up came a bacon box...wouldn't have ever guessed it.

If you don't have any trees, you don't need any tools. klytus has turned down a dozen requests from me to show just one tree, plant of anything green and to date, nothing. Me thinks we have have TROLL under the influence of illusionary drugs.

Harry

yenling83

Omono
Reaction score
I bought this bag late last year. They were closing them out at Home Depot for $50.00 down from a "C" note.

I like it though it is rather heavy full of everything, but then again it has everything with one grab. I can carry the bag and a shohin to workshop with one trip to the truck.

One side zips down for the tools and the other side hold about 7 kilo's of Alu. wire.

I copied you Al and got this bag maybe 6 months ago. Very happy with it!

monza

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
If you don't have any trees, you don't need any tools. klytus has turned down a dozen requests from me to show just one tree, plant of anything green and to date, nothing. Me thinks we have have TROLL under the influence of illusionary drugs.

Harry

I must say I do like bACON.

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
I appologize in advance but I couldn't resist this question: Do we get beads if we show our bags?

Top Bottom