Show your tiny trees

Reaction score
Fun topic alert!!

Ya’ll got any tiny trees in pots?

This is a morton bay fig and it lives in water. Been like this a couple years at least. It’s in an yixing pot

By any standard it’s extremely unimpressive but a fun little tree

Attachments

• 4988D0EA-1764-4F9B-9E64-9E42962412FF.jpeg
    4988D0EA-1764-4F9B-9E64-9E42962412FF.jpeg
    271 KB · Views: 80
  • AF7D557B-21AD-4B84-A102-0DD3FD1F8B5A.jpeg
    AF7D557B-21AD-4B84-A102-0DD3FD1F8B5A.jpeg
    174.8 KB · Views: 78

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
on the IL-WI border, a mile from ''da Lake''
USDA Zone
5b
In the General Discussion sub forum there is an active thread called the Shohin Tree Thread, to post in this thread, every post must have a photo of a tree less than 8 inches tall. This includes "mame" and other tiny trees. No need to duplicate efforts. So we mean no offense if we ignore this thread, but the older Shohin thread is still active and over 242 posts long, meaning there are at least that many photos of Shohin, or miniature trees

Mellow Mullet

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8-9
Fun topic alert!!

Ya’ll got any tiny trees in pots?

This is a morton bay fig and it lives in water. Been like this a couple years at least. It’s in an yixing pot

By any standard it’s extremely unimpressive but a fun little tree

Cool little tree, but good luck at ever getting it out of that pot if it had been growing in there for two years. I hate the ones where the sides bulge out wider that the opening at the top, I had to break the last one to get the tree out.

Reaction score
In the General Discussion sub forum there is an active thread called the Shohin Tree Thread, to post in this thread, every post must have a photo of a tree less than 8 inches tall. This includes "mame" and other tiny trees. No need to duplicate efforts. So we mean no offense if we ignore this thread, but the older Shohin thread is still active and over 242 posts long, meaning there are at least that many photos of Shohin, or miniature trees

Hey mate!

I know of the shohin thread of course- it’s fantastic. My only intention is to have fun and contribute. We all should post more

when was the last time you contributed? You obviously know a thing or two....post more

It's Kev

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
when was the last time you contributed? You obviously know a thing or two....post more

There’s a reasonable amount of people on this site that I have a ton of respect for, and Leo forms part of that council of Jedi masters. If you post something in their field of interest style or species-wise the contributions will come pouring in. Just hang in there

Reaction score
There’s a reasonable amount of people on this site that I have a ton of respect for, and Leo forms part of that council of Jedi masters. If you post something in their field of interest style or species-wise the contributions will come pouring in. Just hang in there
Jedi master? Bwahaha You need to realise that so many talk and talk and talk.....but post nothing....no results!! But they have so much “advice”

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Jedi master? Bwahaha You need to realise that so many talk and talk and talk.....but post nothing....no results!! But they have so much “advice”
Seriously? I think you need to realize that Leo is a very knowledgeable and well respected member here and to insult him simply because he pointed out a thread similar to yours already existed is pretty petty and immature.

Reaction score
Seriously? I think you need to realize that Leo is a very knowledgeable and well respected member here and to insult him simply because he pointed out a thread similar to yours already existed is pretty petty and immature.
Seriously? How have I insulted him?

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
I assumed that was directed towards him. If not, then I'm sorry.

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
on the IL-WI border, a mile from ''da Lake''
USDA Zone
5b
I'm not offended, to some degree, @jonathanvperth is right, I don't post that many pictures of my own trees. I do type a lot. Though I do feel I post more of my own work than certain others. But I really should post more.

Thanks for the defense @Carol 83
@kevinlovett86 - Thanks for the vote of confidence. But I refuse to do "Yoda Speak". LOL.

Top Bottom