Siberian elm cluster

HoneyHornet

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
This was a wiry mess about 5 ft tall at least that was growing out of a planter bed at and abandoned bank that has sat for years
Those are some of my favorite kind of places to investigate because they can be found in urban areas and they are always good for a little something so I came across this and was instantly interested and cropped it short to a manageable bunch
It actually is a bunch of sprouts shooting from where a stump was so I imagine this thing was taller and thicker in its own right a few inch diameter trunk is actually stumped cut in the very center of the arrangement
I was expecting to potentially lose 1 or 2 of these mini trunks butt it looks like even with significant root reduction everything still has some juice flowing to it

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I think you could use some wire right now to make a potentially spectacular little clump. The major bones are there, all you have to do is to make all those minor branches move into the spaces between the majors and mimic the movement of the majors in the fashion of an open fan,Fan.JPGbut with irregular segments.

Top Bottom