Sick Junipers

Deep Sea Diver

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Hmm…Is that so unusual? I actually do just before storage. Then it’s copper until late winter. Then in spring if it’s really wet like this year….

….Everything got sprayed at least twice/thrice or more with H2O2 this spring, but at 2 TBSP/QT…some, like azaleas, maples. Crepe Myrtles and crabs get sprayed regularly with a mix of H2O2/H2O/Miracid.

Yet, when the filled spray bottles are out, any tree is fair game.

Cheers
DSD sends

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Hmm…Is that so unusual? I actually do just before storage. Then it’s copper until late winter. Then in spring if it’s really wet like this year….

….Everything got sprayed at least twice/thrice or more with H2O2 this spring, but at 2 TBSP/QT…some, like azaleas, maples. Crepe Myrtles and crabs get sprayed regularly with a mix of H2O2/H2O/Miracid.

Yet, when the filled spray bottles are out, any tree is fair game.

Cheers
DSD sends

Unusual for me I suppose.
I've never heard of using hydrogen peroxide as a foliar spray for fungus before so I was curious. I know people have done root drenches with it.

I've usually spayed mine with neem oil prior to putting them in the cold frame.

Deep Sea Diver

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Yeah, H2O2 os an extremely effective fungicide/bactericide etc with a life of maybe 2-5 minutes on the plant/media. So multiple surface applications spaced out over time are possible.

Neem oil containing azadirachtinis a really interesting choice for wintering over. It’s longer term product, with a half life of 1-2.5 days (sun dependent)…. triple acting: it’s partially effective as an insecticide, a miticide and a fungicide. Addressing multiple potential issues.

Copper fungicides have a longer stay time, effective as a preventative, residing on the leafs, Cu ions slowly getting washed

off when it rains. This is why I use multiple surface treatments in winter.

Originally I played around with lime sulfur spray, very effective also. It was the prep and potential downsides respiratorily that kept me from using this.

cheers
DSD sends

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
They seem to be doing much better this year. The Blau needed a cleanup real bad… hopefully it doesn’t set it back, energy wise.IMG_6890.jpegIMG_6891.jpegIMG_6893.jpegIMG_6896.jpeg

Top Bottom