Since I'm ruining this site all by myself...

Lee

Seedling
Reaction score
Bonsai can be very personal. Some of us prefer different stock. Saying if you don't want any of those dont bother doing bonsai is like saying if you dont like peperoni don't eat pizza. Everyone likes what they like. I personally love Tropical bonsai. If everyone did it the same way there would be no room for new things.
I get very little joy looking at tropical bonsai........because i dont live in the tropics.So therefore they look most untree like to me,and quite often very "samey"
At the end of the day poor material is poor material,95% of these are excellent material,dont forget one man's finished tree is another man's unstyled tree,it's all a question of refinement

Attila Soos

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I get very little joy looking at tropical bonsai........because i dont live in the tropics.So therefore they look most untree like to me,and quite often very "samey

Tropical rainforest trees are fascinating - the variety of forms is overwhelming. There is every imaginable shape you can imagine. The richest biodiversity on the planet.

Here is one from India. This from www.harryholcroft.com/gallery/India:

Attachments

• India,%20Saal%20Rainforest,%20Narmada%20River5%20845[1].jpg
    India,%20Saal%20Rainforest,%20Narmada%20River5%20845[1].jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 36

Dwight

Chumono
Reaction score
I love this one , even if I have no imagination.

Attachments

• DSC07786.jpg
    DSC07786.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 26

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
A few more for you enjoyment......

A little too much jin on number 2 for your taste, I like it.

keep it green,
Harry

Attachments

• DSC07408.JPG
    DSC07408.JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 32
  • DSC07414.JPG
    DSC07414.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 30
  • DSC07538.jpg
    DSC07538.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 29

Dwight

Chumono
Reaction score
Like #1 a lot. Yes there is a bit too much jin on #2 but with the foilage lowered a bit more into the jin it would probably be great.

BTW , thanks for all the trees. They all seem to have the same tag hanging off them so I assume they are from a common source.

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
Like #1 a lot. Yes there is a bit too much jin on #2 but with the foilage lowered a bit more into the jin it would probably be great.

BTW , thanks for all the trees. They all seem to have the same tag hanging off them so I assume they are from a common source.

They all all from the same nursery, but my lips are sealed.............

keep it green,
Harry

Last edited:

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
Didn't think that was possible. Now we have to change the paradigm. :p

Only when requested, can I keep a secret, otherwise the paradigm is safe in it's current form.....

keep it green,
Harry

Top Bottom