Site Work...

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
For the next hour or so I have to turn on a bug so my web host can help me kill it. The entire site will work EXCEPT if you go to the forums home page - in which case you will see a "Forbidden" error message. That is what I am working on :) For the next couple of hours use the "New Posts" tab - or use search to find subjects - and you will be fine.

[EDIT] I probably should have updated last night - bug is slain. Site is working fine. [/EDIT]

Last edited:

BobbyLane

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Hi Bonsai nut, has the edit feature been disabled?
Not able to edit my threads anymore. or can you only edit once?

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
To add, it seems lately when I return to a thread, it doesn't put me to the first unread post, but a ways back. Maybe it's my iPad, but in case it's not just me...
Thanks Greg.

crust

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
3A
My home page continues to be jacked up--the forums page if fine but the home page is like squashed narrow and has over lapping text and I can't seem to fix it (restarted, relogged, etc.)

Bonsai Nut

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
My home page continues to be jacked up--the forums page if fine but the home page is like squashed narrow and has over lapping text and I can't seem to fix it (restarted, relogged, etc.)

I have no idea what you're talking about... (just because I haven't seen it). Any way you could take a screen shot?

crust

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
3A
I have no idea what you're talking about... (just because I haven't seen it). Any way you could take a screen shot?
jw5Y57G.png

Bonsai Nut

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I know only too well this problem. It is because I am using an adaptive layout for the front page and it "adjusts" to the width of your screen by squeezing the post titles.

The only fix I can come up with in the short term is to adjust your text resolution. Hold down your left ctrl key and use your mouse wheel to scroll up or down to change the resolution.

garywood

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
BN, where are the photos that were available, own photo uploads, that were archived?? Since the upgrade I can't find old photos.

ColinFraser

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Make the browser window less than full screen width. Then, drag the corner to different sizes until it displays better. At narrower widths, the template seems to drop one of the sidebars that are squeezing the content in the middle.

crust

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
3A
I know only too well this problem. It is because I am using an adaptive layout for the front page and it "adjusts" to the width of your screen by squeezing the post titles.

The only fix I can come up with in the short term is to adjust your text resolution. Hold down your left ctrl key and use your mouse wheel to scroll up or down to change the resolution.
Duh--I swear I tried this but I must have done it too hastily because it works fine now--THANKS!

0soyoung

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
@Bonsai Nut, If you can change the home screen to a two column layout, it would probably cure the problem. Personally, I see little need for knowing who's been active today - move it to the bottom of the far-right column, say.

Top Bottom