Slabs

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6A
Any ideas on where to purchase natural rock slabs online? I don't have the time/energy to wade the creek for a good limestone slab. Where does one purchase a decent slab, ideally something with a bit of concavity to it?

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Any ideas on where to purchase natural rock slabs online? I don't have the time/energy to wade the creek for a good limestone slab. Where does one purchase a decent slab, ideally something with a bit of concavity to it?
How big are you looking for and how much $$ do you have? Those two questions are critical. Shipping slabs can be hugely expensive if you can source them. Have you considered a ceramic slab made by a bonsai potter. there are a number of potters that make excellent slabs.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I'd find a good mom and pops petshop if they didn't die there cuz JB PP spaceship boy is a dick..

Anything online wouldn't be terribly expensive to ship without a good risk of breaking.

I'd seek one from them reinforced concrete dudes if anything.

The crick is calling you tho.

Sorce

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
My argument would be that any energy sapped by the crick, since natural and true, would get replenished 10fold with post rest....where, I'm afraid there is no proper rest for what these screens do to us.

Stay safe. But allow earth to replenish you.

Sorce

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6A
How big are you looking for and how much $$ do you have? Those two questions are critical. Shipping slabs can be hugely expensive if you can source them. Have you considered a ceramic slab made by a bonsai potter. there are a number of potters that make excellent slabs.
Yeah, I figured shipping would represent the bulk of the cost. I prefer natural slabs. Maybe it's just me, but the ceramic slabs always look a little contrived, no matter the skill level of the potter. It's hard to perfect on what nature has done.

I'm interested in something with at least one side stretching to about 14-16 inches. As far as $$ goes, I would not want to spend more than $100-130 total, which may not be enough to get what I want. Then again, for someone who can source stones for free, assuming a shipping a cost of $50-70, that's not a bad deal.

Last edited:

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
You will unlikely find a decent slab in the creek. Most natural limestone slabs are too thick to use. Slate, bluestone from a stone yard is a more likely candidate (and less expensive than shipping)

Top Bottom