Slant Juniper

october

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Well..after about 14 hours of wiring and pruning over a 2 day period after taking this tree out of winter storage... I figured I'd grab a few pics. This is a procumbens and its about 13 inches tall...

I first saw this tree a couple of years ago at the nursery. It was in poor health so I passed on it.. About 6 months later, it was still at the nursery and showed signs of recovering so I purchased it...It was a nice find...

Pic 1 is the tree out of winter storage. The rest are after about 14-16 hours of total work.

Rob

Attachments

• 1 jun.jpg
    1 jun.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 133
  • pictures2 024.jpg
    pictures2 024.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 137
  • pictures2 008.jpg
    pictures2 008.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 118
  • pictures2 036.jpg
    pictures2 036.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 164

HotAction

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hey Rob, another nice job with this one. You had stated that you let some trees "get away" from you last year. I actually think it may have been the best thing for them. All the growth gave you plenty of healthy foliage to work with, and your efforts prove well worth it.

Dave

davetree

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
nice work, as usual. Do you have a pot in mind for this tree ? Repot this year or next ?

october

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Hello HotAction.. Yes, you are correct..from what I have seen with my collection so far... The growing out of all my trees for almost a whole season has yielding really good new possibilties regarding foliage and branches. Not to mention health.. This tree was in so so health when purchased a year and a half ago, now, the tree is now strong and healthy.

Hello davetree...The tree might be ready for it's first bonsai pot this year... The grow pot is not draining well. It is draining, just not well.. However, I think that root work was done 2 years ago.. So, if I do repot this year, it will be a generous size bonsai pot with minimal root pruning.. I am think a round pot for this..o mabe oval. I originally thouight oval. However, the tree has literati characteristics, so a round pot may be more appropriate.

Thanks to everyone who replied to this thread...I will post pics if I put it in another pot this season.

Rob

october

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Here is a better pic of the tree...

Attachments

• pictures2 053.jpg
    pictures2 053.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 57

ianb

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
Hi Rob, nice literati i really like it. If you ever felt the need for a change though, I think this image would also be a credible alternative:

Attachments

• pictures2 053_mod.JPG
    pictures2 053_mod.JPG
    41 KB · Views: 57

jjbacoomba

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Very nice job Rob. Almost looks like mine. I will have to take a new pic and post it. I just repotted it Saturday. I have some plans for bending, but might do that later.

Top Bottom