small beauty

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Love that tree and the pot combo. The little beauty berry I got from @bpbonsai made it through it's second winter, so I guess that's something. But yours is really something special.

Colorado

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Every one of these trees is stunning @JudyB !

What type of moss do you use? Is it collected or purchased? Looks absolutely perfect.

Potawatomi13

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
On Two needle pine. Choose a pair of needles in the location you would like a bud. Gently separate the needles to slightly tear the needle sheath without breaking away the needles. Evidently this causes the tree to send energy to the site for repair and often triggers the adventitious bud at the base of the needles. Best to time with decandling.

Aha;)! Will try on others.

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Love that tree and the pot combo. The little beauty berry I got from @bpbonsai made it through it's second winter, so I guess that's something. But yours is really something special.
Hey they all started somewhere... The berries are really the star, so if you get those, then it'll be nice. Just make sure to give it interesting shape!

petegreg

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Beautiful trees Judy, I love them all. Pots are just perfect.

Talking about berries, allow me to show you something I found few weeks back - Symplocos sawafutagi , anybody familiar with species?

Mike Corazzi

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Just as I finish repotting into my usual and wonderfully recommended earth tone ceramic pots, you come along and spoil my whole mess.

I want COLOR now! :D

Lazylightningny

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Thanks Colorado, Living in Ohio, there are plenty of mosses everywhere, don't know what types they are......
Judy, how do you get the moss to grow? Do you transplant it? Pick it off the surface of something in your yard and place it on top of the soil? It almost looks like you sprinkled the spores on the soil, because it grows so lush and evenly.

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Judy, how do you get the moss to grow? Do you transplant it? Pick it off the surface of something in your yard and place it on top of the soil? It almost looks like you sprinkled the spores on the soil, because it grows so lush and evenly.
I move it around from plant to plant and it spreads out. I keep a moss garden to get it from.

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
crab over azalea ain't no crime...look at the photographic evidence!!:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

great colors and the crab flower is great!!:)

Top Bottom