Small Concave cutters

stewarjm192

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Not sure if this is the appropriate sub forum….. but I’m after the smallest concave cutters I can find. Any suggestion? I have the small set from American bonsai, but looking for smaller if possible…

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Not sure if this is the appropriate sub forum….. but I’m after the smallest concave cutters I can find. Any suggestion? I have the small set from American bonsai, but looking for smaller if possible…
Afaik, they only come in 3 sizes: 18cm, 21cm and 27cm - in freedom units, I suppose 7", 8.5" and 11".

SgtPilko

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Do you mean small in length, or the cutting jaws? I see these slim ones from Ryuga from time to time, might get some myself

BrightsideB

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I found some nail clippers with a concave shape, about 3mm blade size. Maybe check your local beautysalon?
Never thought of that really cool! Specially for mame and such. I have some small knob cutters I love them for small branches wounds heal real flush quickly if hiding cuts is necessary.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
I received a pair that was part of a kit I was gifted for Christmas.
First time I used them, the metal stopper piece on the inside of the handle sheared clean off.
I’d heard not so good things about Amazon bonsai kits but didn’t think they’d be that bad. Needless to say, I’m in the market for a real pair.

Baku1875

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
I found some nail clippers with a concave shape, about 3mm blade size. Maybe check your local beautysalon?
no joke, the wife gave me an old pair of cuticle clippers (the kind that looks like a miniature concave cutter) and it has been a game changer on my mame and shohin sized tree wound care. easy to dig out the interior a bit and wound the perimeter with precision and they are still mega sharp, my go to for small wound work.

Bob Hunter

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Masakuni http://www.masakuni.com/d.htm
No.216
No.8216
TWIG CUTTER
Length 190mm Weight 120g
Extra narrow cutter for twig. Very convinient tool for group planting, SATSUKI AZALEA or narrow places. This tool have come to be the mew best-seller tool among the advanced Bonsai people.
Use at the twig diameter below 3mm​

Eckhoffw

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4b
I've got this 165mm concave cutter from Tian Bonsai Tools.
I've never seen anything smaller than that one.
My absolute favorite pair. Stainless from -at the time- ‘Mu Tian’
I purchased another from Tian, but not the same, and not as nice.
Brand name change? Or different company altogether?IMG_0422.jpeg

Last edited:

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I have these, they work really well for small branches and tight areas

Top Bottom