Small landscape fun

Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Nice, I was in a pet fish store looking at the figures that go in aquariums thinking about how they would look with my trees.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Looks nice! I think landscapes are fun.... various penjing/penzai.

I, myself, struggle with the figurines...
not that I’m uptight or rigid with the way I see the rules, I like seeing them presented, and agree, aesthetically.

It’s just, when contemplating my OWN landscape endeavors/fuddlings, I feel like I want to exert control over every aspect (Might say something 😂).... So i’ve begun thinking of how to sculpt/fabricate my own pieces.. if I’d be using them.

I think that’d be fun, too.

:)

Trimaptim

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
It is called penjing. Chinese style. They use mud figures sometimes. Fun style.
Yes I know about penjing. I didn't think this qualified as actual penjing since it's not very in depth. I always thought penjing was more rock formations and bigger scenes.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Yes I know about penjing. I didn't think this qualified as actual penjing since it's not very in depth. I always thought penjing was more rock formations and bigger scenes.

While, penzai, penjing, penzhi, shuishi.. are all individual presentations with specific elements (branching out even further if you start studying WHICH schools of penzai were teaching WHAT.. and (importantly) WHERE), Penjing has become an all-purpose term..to loosely define MOST of these elements and schools...

It’s not a bad thing at all, at least were talking about it!

😂😂😂

Trimaptim

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
While, penzai, penjing, penzhi, shuishi.. are all individual presentations with specific elements (branching out even further if you start studying WHICH schools of penzai were teaching WHAT.. and (importantly) WHERE), Penjing has become an all-purpose term..to loosely define MOST of these elements and schools...

It’s not a bad thing at all, at least were talking about it!

😂😂😂
I didn't realize all the different types of it. I'm still a newb. Only been into bonsai for about a year. At least I haven't killed any trees yet...at least by my own mess ups. I've tried crazy stuff that didn't work though lol

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
I didn't realize all the different types of it. I'm still a newb. Only been into bonsai for about a year. At least I haven't killed any trees yet...at least by my own mess ups. I've tried crazy stuff that didn't work though lol

Yes yes! Many types of presentations....

And good job on “zero casualties”.. i’m “in” about a year myself.. and have had.... well... let’s just say NOT zero... 😁😁 you must’ve done your homework.

Ah yes! But TRYING “crazy stuff” is the ONLY way to really KNOW for sure! Cheers to this thought!

I wasn’t trying to knock your terminology, at ALL. I just get excited.. and like to share information AND learn.

:)

TinyArt

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I have the impression that miniatures are now accepted in saikei -- good news to me, because it will be some time before I've got a stock of trees ready for the kind of forest penjing that I hope to do. Meanwhile, I've collected some nice vintage mudmen, and I've got 4# of clay on the way -- 'cause there ought to be more little mudWOMEN! 😉

Top Bottom