Smoking Down in Michigan!

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I never thought it would actually happen in my lifetime.
Legal weed.
For recreational use.
12 plants.
2.5 ounces on your person at any given time.
Cant smoke it in public or while driving.( Who would do such things?)
It will take about a year but there will be stores with all kinds of good things for your physical and mental wellbeing available to the public.
Not just those with green cards.

My retirement plans may go into effect earlier than I thought.

Experience Pure Michigan!

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Mike, I'm about three hours south from you in Kalamazoo . I also was so surprised and happy that the vote passed. I have always thought it a sad waste of manpower to pursue and arrest the person with one ounce in his glovebox -- much better imo to spend more effort on arresting the ones who deal hard core stuff.

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Mike, I'm about three hours south from you in Kalamazoo . I also was so surprised and happy that the vote passed. I have always thought it a sad waste of manpower to pursue and arrest the person with one ounce in his glovebox -- much better imo to spend more effort on arresting the ones who deal hard core stuff.
Hopefully now maybe they can get a handle on the death drugs.
Imagine the money they will save just by not flying around looking for weed and heat signatures for one.
Plus harmless weed smokers not taking up space in prisons.
Add in the money gathered from taxes and the uptick in tourism.

Steve C

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I don't get into the political discussion or topics like this on this or any other forum, so I won't do that here and most likely won't read anymore of this topic, I just saw Michigan in the title and had to see what it was about. All I will say is as a life long Michigan resident I voted against it and I do not agree or believe any of the "positives" all the pot heads try to say about it.

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Legal weed.
For recreational use.
12 plants.
It will take about a year but there will be stores with all kinds of good things for your physical and mental wellbeing available to the public.

Congrats! Now you can (legally) try that cannabis bonsai you've been dreaming about for all these years :) And if it doesn't turn out well, you can probably find a use for it...

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
I don't get into the political discussion or topics like this on this or any other forum,

I do, and here's why :

http://www.un.org/en/universal-declaration-human-rights/index.html

So wherever I have an opportunity to do what I believe is my duty to say that we ought to make a stand for Human Rights, I'll be there.

Le tablier de Voltaire, Voltaire's apron :

6289563-9484776.jpg

Last edited:

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Legal weed.
For recreational use.
12 plants.

ve an extra room?

For some reason, my son suddenly wants to move to Michigan. Do you have an extra room?

Wilson

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Great news Mike! It is amazing to see governments finally admit to some of their bullshit laws, and accept change.

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Congrats! Now you can (legally) try that cannabis bonsai you've been dreaming about for all these years :) And if it doesn't turn out well, you can probably find a use for it...
The "burn pile" of course.
For some reason, my son suddenly wants to move to Michigan. Do you have an extra room?
Um. Actually yes.
Can he water bonsai?
Great news Mike! It is amazing to see governments finally admit to some of their bullshit laws, and accept change.
The part of government that lost are poor losers. They accepted that the voters wanted to have recreational use but they tried to change it so nobody could grow it. Or sell it.
It's still illegal to sell it until they come up with licensing,but that's already been gotten around by "gifting".
You come to my place,buy a bag of chips for $50.00 and get a complimentary 1/4 oz.. of weed.
I don't get into the political discussion or topics like this on this or any other forum, so I won't do that here and most likely won't read anymore of this topic, I just saw Michigan in the title and had to see what it was about. All I will say is as a life long Michigan resident I voted against it and I do not agree or believe any of the "positives" all the pot heads try to say about it.
That's too bad Steve.
You'll probably be bummed to hear that some prominent bonsai professionals are also "pot heads" as you call us.
So what are the " negatives" you think will happen?
Happy people?
Criminal records expunged?
Cops freed up to catch real criminals?
Michigan's economy getting better?
You also do realize every time you talked to me I've been baked right?
Was I incoherent?
Did I make sense?
Did I slur my words?
Was I unsteady on my feet?
Was I an insufferable prick?
Nope. Plus I remember exactly what you,Mark and I talked about.
I dont drink alcohol anymore. The big insufferable prick thing. Plus it's so bad for my health.
Hopefully you dont look down on me or think worse of me for being a pot head.
But if so,oh well.
I'll get by.

Reaction score
Congratz Mike, Sorce and all other Michiganinans! What I always wonderwhen I hear news about pot legalisations, will the people who got imprisoned for weed possession be freed now? There's some good reasons for freeing, but also against. What does reality say? And does it get discussed in these legislation bills at all?

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
I had to throw away 4500 USD worth of weed this year because my neighbors didn't like the smell. I'm fine with that. I'm not a trouble maker. It did hurt though.
Those are the people that you usually don't read about, because they don't make the news. The good guys never do.
I can also relate to being skeptic about the 'positives' because a very, very large part of the pothead community glorifies studies that have zero scientific value. Data misinterpretation is very common in that community. However, the same thing has happened for decades on the anti-side. I can see why one would want to advise against pot use, I have done it a couple of dozen times myself, as a recreational pot smoker and a 10-year cannabis forum member. Also I can't get around the fact that 60-90% of all gun violence in my country is directly related to weed and the fact that it's illegal to supply coffeeshops. This means only criminals can enter the game, something that is now bypassed in the US. Guns are illegal here too, by the way.. It seems to be a vicious circle, and it has been going on for over 40 years now.

Congratulations on being a progressive example guys!

I do however think that everyone should have the freedom to do whatever they want with their bodies, as long as it's not a burden to someone else. My plants were a burden, the burden was removed.
I feel the same way about any other drug, activity or even machines. If you want a leaf blower, that's fine, just don't use it at 6 in the morning. If you want to go cliff diving, that's fine, just don't snap your neck and make the beach inaccessible for others. If you want to smoke pot, clean up your mess and don't forget about the oven. If there's no harm done to others, I'm not going to protest it. Most people are aware of the risks they take, and they take them for granted. That's their personal choice and I have no say in that. I know that some people will disagree with that, that's fine. But that's just the view of a single pothead.

Also, don't be this guy:
enhanced-30914-1462499806-1.jpg

Starfox

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Well it's a step in the right direction that is for sure.
It's kind of semi legal here, you have the right to grow a few plants as long as it can't be seen from a public place and the right to enjoy it in your own home but don't step on the street carrying any. And with that said it will still come down to the discretion of firstly the attending officer if there is a separate issue and then a judge if it got that far.

That said you can readily buy seeds online so that is cool and the EU in general has pretty much opened up the CBD market so one can even order low thc and high CBD buds from amazon. They are a bit shit though, just wait the 3 months I say.

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
$400,000 in sales between two stores that opened in Massachusetts, in one day.
Upwards of 30% taxable income between state and city government......

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
$400,000 in sales between two stores that opened in Massachusetts, in one day.
Upwards of 30% taxable income between state and city government......
That's what I'm talking about.
A guy with a green thumb could make out pretty good.

Top Bottom