Smoking Down in Michigan!

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I've lived in Denver since 1984. We were the first to legalize recreational use, it really hasn't been an issue. In fact, the burb I live in is building a MASSIVE rec center up the street from my house that is almost fully funded from the tax revenue generated from marijuana sales. There are countless other projects taking place all over the state that have been funded by pot proceeds ($250 million in 2018). Overall, it's been very successful.

The only thing that has been bad is everyone keeps moving here, which is jacking up the cost of living, but that's because Colorado is pretty awesome.... well the western half is anyway! =)

I summited 30 peaks last summer while puffing. I don't know anyone with long hair, that went out of style with Nickelback.

I've personally seen multiple peoples lives be ruined by alcohol. I can't think of one due to weed.

Oh yeah... I'm a moderate conservative.

Puff, Puff, Pass!

I'll be bringin' the traveling circus thru in April for a week!!!:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

....can't really blame poor booze, but people will destroy themselves with whatever tool is to hand......:(:(:(:(:(

nrgizerrod

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
So have I.

I used to grow some in the 80s because I didn't want to fund international, and local criminality.

I gave it up when I had children, but I don't mind having the occasonal poke. Yet, I'm still struggling with my addiction to alcohol, which started in my late teens. It's improving though, thanks :D

Addiction is tough man, keep on fighting!

nrgizerrod

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I'll be bringin' the traveling circus thru in April for a week!!!:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

....can't really blame poor booze, but people will destroy themselves with whatever tool is to hand......:(:(:(:(:(

Outstanding, Visitors are welcome! :)

I totally agree. Addiction doesn't care, if you have that inclination, you will find something. Literally anything can be your drug.

cmeg1

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I never thought it would actually happen in my lifetime.
Legal weed.
For recreational use.
12 plants.
2.5 ounces on your person at any given time.
Cant smoke it in public or while driving.( Who would do such things?)
It will take about a year but there will be stores with all kinds of good things for your physical and mental wellbeing available to the public.
Not just those with green cards.

My retirement plans may go into effect earlier than I thought.

Experience Pure Michigan!
Hey,Mike.I think you are going to have to give Botanicare nutrients a try now that Scott’s Miracle Grow owns them.Can get 5 qts for about $130.🤪
Botanicare,General Hydroponics,Gadiva lights,and also Sunlight Supply .....the biggest mainstays of hydroponics growing.......some of which have been around since the 70’s!!.Seems they have been purchasing all these big names since 2016......................no idea why though🤔

You use the Miracle blue?

Last edited:

Bolero

Omono
Reaction score
Any and all alcohol taken to excess is Bad for the Health and Society the same goes for Marijuna....
It can almost define an Ideology, Alcohol for Right Wing Conservatives and Marijuna for Liberal Left Wingers
Legalizing a Gateway Drug is just another step in the Dimming Down of USA, it's an ongoing issue....

Bolero

Omono
Reaction score
Being brainwashed into believing this is worse than both!

Sorce
Not Brainwashed at all, just an Old School Conservative from the 50's OMG, I was experimenting with Pot in Winnepeg when it was a big deal never really got into it ...known many addicted to pot

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
many addicted to pot

Weird.. I’ve never ran into one... not in rehabs, not in detox, not at the needle exchange places, not in jail, not in prison, not around the methadone clinic...
I also had a lot of friends end up sitting BIG stays.. armed robbery.. for crack... those guys NEVER smoked weed.
I’ve also BEEN robbed by tweakers and smackheads... never by “potheads” Hmmm Those marijuana addicts must be great at hiding their shame.

;)

Bolero

Omono
Reaction score
I've known many for many years....the obvious giveaway or trait is that they coomake it thru the day without several hits on a joint or such....not criminals or psychos just depends on their pot to make itthru.....I think it provides escapism from their anxiety or depression or such....

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I think it provides escapism from their anxiety or depression or such

It, as in, the weed, nothing else, nothing that came via any open gateways.

Would you rather them be on any number of the drugs used to escape depression and anxiety that was found as a major contributor to....pick your mass shooter....they were all on something else.

Had they been using marijuana, these things would have never happened.

It's the very fact that we viewed it, falsely, as a "gateway drug", that allowed big pharma to keep killing us all.

It's about time they found a way to make money off this, or we would all be screwed!

Sorce

BrianBay9

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
It's about time they found a way to make money off this, or we would all be screwed!

Sorce

Big pharma is working on it for sure, but the DEA restrictions have nearly stopped research in the US. Big pharma in Israel, among other places, is far ahead of the US. Among issues other than the DEA, pharma is having a hard time defining intellectual property - if they can't patent it, they won't market it. So they're looking at synthetic and modified cannabinoids, which don't seem to work as well (or the same) as the whole plant (flower). Then there's the FDA approval process. They FDA truly hates approving complex mixtures as drugs. They want each compound assessed individually for safety, then carefully combined in pairs, then in threes, etc. That adds a huge amount to the cost of combined drugs. Also the FDA will never approve a heated and inhaled product - either smoked or vaped.

It's slow going, but eventually big pharma will have its part of the plant.

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Top Bottom