"Snake" ficus starting to come along

Tycoss

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg I took a cutting off a big ficus a couple of years ago and wired it as dramatically as I knew how at the time, once it rooted. I then wired the rooted cutting onto a rock and put it in a deep pot. It has been developed since by means of clip and grow. The trunk now reminds me of a snake rearing back. I will expose the Rock partially and wire the foliage to emphasize the movement when I re- pot next spring. As I live in Alberta, Canada, this is an indoor tree and development is slow. Eventually I want to Have it pierced on the rock over a rather shallow, round pot. Any suggestions welcome.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I like your projects.

Thanks for posting em.

You ever think about cleaning them cuts up?

I never thought I could get a ficus to heal well....till this year....when my biggun escaped into the ground....
20161002_183117.jpg

I'll let you know how cutting them roots off and taking it inside this year goes...
As this will be the first time I take one from so strongly growing outside, to my new as yet undetermined inside..(i moved)....so I'm a little nervous..

But if you can get yours outside even for the 1 or 2 days possible up there..lol!..it may be real good for it.

I really like the trunk on this...looking forward to seeing the rock!

Sorce

Tycoss

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thanks for your comments. I have been hesitant to post things online for awhile, especially on bonsai forums, since I was criticized before for not posting anything "of quality". Well, I still have nothing "of quality" but I'm here to learn, rather than show off. I think if I can get this tree growing well enough, I can use sacrifice branches to close those old cuts. Any other suggestions?

Top Bottom