Snake for trees?

Kodama16

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I know this probably in the wrong spot to post. So if it needs to be moved to a different category let me know.

Ok sooooo looking for the snake people out there. If any. I'm thinking of selling my BEL ball python and wondering if anyone intrested in trading for trees.

He's a great snake I just don't give him any time compared to my koi and bonsai.
Let me know if interested and ill get ya pics.

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
How old is the snake. I used to have a collection of large snakes. I had the larger models and some off those little guys also. The smaller ones are easier to keep just on food supply alone. The larger the snake the larger more expensive the food animal. You can get by feeding ball pythons mice and rats once they are large enough. It got to where I was also having to raise Flemish giant rabbits to feed the big guys and was starting to have to feed my Burmese piglets. I would still have them but I moved and didn't have room for enclosures so I sold them.

Sterling355

Seedling
Reaction score
My Trimeresurus puniceus viper dropped 5 babies 2 days ago. Didn't know people here were into that hobby as well.

Attachments

• Trimeresurus puniceus.jpg
    Trimeresurus puniceus.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 86

Kodama16

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hey guys I haven't wieght him lately. Last time he was right around 900g. He's a 2012. I wasn't expecting so many replies or I'd would of checked sooner: )

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 66

Kodama16

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
He also eats frozen mice or rats but he prefers live: ) I have a female also she spoken for but that might fall through if the guys doesn't come soon.

Kodama16

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I feed in tank and in bath tub. Matter how much of a rush I am. He has never strriked at me if that's what's you asking. The female.... Well she always tense lol.

Yea there great snakes. I got them both because I really really like them. But my wife done like them in the main room so there in my man cave. And I'm never in there so I don't mess with them much. Time to find them a better home.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I have one myself...pastel ball python.

This photo was taken a few years back. But I like how he is stretched across his cage. He's at least a foot longer now.
imagejpg1_zps6cda152f.jpg

This is a good one of the blush between his pattern.
imagejpg2_zps92e248e6.jpg

jedge76

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I have one myself...pastel ball python.

This photo was taken a few years back. But I like how he is stretched across his cage. He's at least a foot longer now.
imagejpg1_zps6cda152f.jpg

This is a good one of the blush between his pattern.
imagejpg2_zps92e248e6.jpg

As common and simple a morph as pastels are, they have always been one of my favs. Pastels and supers, both. Your's is really kept it's color well!

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
My Trimeresurus puniceus viper dropped 5 babies 2 days ago. Didn't know people here were into that hobby as well.

Starting to realize we are all very similar. Very Odd to other folks!

Didnt know vipers were live bearers. Vipers! Where is mom? Pic.

Sorce

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
As common and simple a morph as pastels are, they have always been one of my favs. Pastels and supers, both. Your's is really kept it's color well!
Very common indeed...but, the star gazing in some morphs worried me. Not knowing what to expect. Where...pastels weren't to have that issue. We went that route. I have a good coffee table book on morphs though. I had overcame a huge fear of snakes...so...anything out of the ordinary wigged me out at first. I wasn't sure their temperament during star gazing. So...with fear of snakes...I went with something that would not offer that in it's genetics. Now...I laugh at my fear. It was unfounded...from misinformation as a child given to me by someone who thought their information was fact...and one I trusted with my life. My grandfather...my grandfather didn't realize...that cottonmouths turned black when fully mature. Also known as black moccasins once they reach that age. He thought black snakes and moccasins were mixing. That no snake should be trusted. (This man a farmer and had always collected black snakes for the barn)

The Emerald Tree Boa...is a snake that was in the wrong place...in the reptile exhibit in Canada. They had ran out of room in their snake area. I had only seen native snakes...the entire different shaped head and how it coiled and hung on a branch in the cage intrigued me. So...I researched snakes...and learned a lot.

Yes, he has kept his coloring. For some really darken up with age and look a lot like the normal balls. Mine hasn't really. When it sheds...it's just simply amazing to see it's pattern and blush.

Sterling355

Seedling
Reaction score
Starting to realize we are all very similar. Very Odd to other folks!

Didnt know vipers were live bearers. Vipers! Where is mom? Pic.

Sorce

haha I agree! I guess people here find beauty in everything found in nature.

Here are pics of the mother and father.

The fear some people have for snakes is purely out of misunderstanding. Some cultures and people believe the snake represents wisdom. I was always creeped out by spiders but I realized it was due to a misunderstanding, I've never been harmed by a spider. I think just the feeling I get when I walk through a spider web is what creeps me out. I'm still trying to work on that haha.

By the way Cadillactaste I too love those colors on yours. Those blue eyes really stand out with that facial pattern.

Attachments

• T. puniceus.jpg
    T. puniceus.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 15

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
After researching snakes...I had a strong desire for a hog nose snake. But, my son is allergic to Mosquitos. Which means even a semi-hot snake would be taking a risk with one in my house with allergies to a bite of any kind his being mosquito. That it was foolish to take such a risk. But they have quite a quirkiness about them.

I feed thawed prey...inside his cage. (Many feed outside of the habitat. But, my fear of disturbing him at a young age since he had only one meal in his belly before being sent my way. I feared regurgitation) He is a very domesticated snake, his cage is in the front room...and we can tell by he comes to the front right of the cage and peers out when he is hungry. Staring in anticipation.

I don't think I could handle a hot snake...viper...they are amazing creatures...but, need respected in their own right.

Jason_mazzy

Chumono
Reaction score
I love hots and I love Boas. I once had well over 100 Boas and was one of the first if not the first to do snow motley morphs.

Top Bottom