Sneak peek...

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Of course, just wanted to make sure all was OK with you and yours!

Grimmy
Thunderstorms today, and the drugs he's on actually make him more chicken than he is normally, so have to hang with, until they are over. We are halfway to done with the 10 week confinement period, so that's good.

petegreg

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Maybe the word is not right in english... But I mean something different if not extraordinary, using technologies, clean and strict in a form. I like unusual things.

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Maybe the word is not right in english... But I mean something different if not extraordinary, using technologies, clean and strict in a form. I like unusual things.
Yes I agree, that is what the intent was for this. To use an unusual material in a traditional format, and be super clean. I am lucky to know someone so artistically talented, to take my intent and make it reality. Thank you for your kind comments!

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I can also share this photo of the two small tables he made for use with this stand. I'll use one under a tree, and one under the outside accent plant. I allowed them to get a few small areas of patina (ever so slight rust) before I coated them. So they look a little less clean and new than this first picture in a good way.imagejpeg_0.jpgimagejpeg_0.jpg

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Here is the display that will use this stand. Keep in mind please that the show is a few weeks away, so wire is yet to come off and tweaks made. I will probably post this also in a display thread to get feedback on this and my other two displays. I'll also shoot it with a black background, but this shows the stand off best.
My large accent plant is so helpful...
P1020945.jpgP1020946.jpg

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Thanks Vin. I knew you would appreciate this! I'm probably going to get a shorter table made for the accent plant, or maybe just a metal slab. Wonder if I should go round, or rectangle. hmmm?

Reactions: Vin

Vin

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Thanks Vin. I knew you would appreciate this! I'm probably going to get a shorter table made for the accent plant, or maybe just a metal slab. Wonder if I should go round, or rectangle. hmmm?
My personal opinion is it should be a piece of 1/2" stock that is cut with an oxygen/acetylene torch to resemble a section of a tree trunk and left raw on the edges.

Milly

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Simply beautiful!

Thank you Judy.
I think a rectangular metal slab for the accent would work.

Top Bottom