AZbonsai

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Very nice.

Velodog2

Chumono
Reaction score
Seems to be very well executed. Look forward to seeing some of your excellent trees on it.

GrimLore

Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Nice! Now off to powder coat! ;)

Grimmy

AZbonsai

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
What are the dimensions?

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Nice! Now off to powder coat! ;)

Grimmy
He's going to use a substance called penetrol to coat it with. We both love the rustic raw feel of the steel, so don't want to cover that up much.
What are the dimensions
Roughly 34" total height. We drew it out on a napkin, LOL.

AZbonsai

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Very nice

kakejiku

Chumono
Reaction score
What I like about your piece is it follows the traditional form but utilizes a different material. It is being innovative but not trying to completely redo the whole thing.

Mike Hennigan

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Wow, it’s displays and stands like this that I feel are really moving American bonsai shows forward. So cool!

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
What I like about your piece is it follows the traditional form but utilizes a different material. It is being innovative but not trying to completely redo the whole thing.
That was the intent, and it just feels very right. I plan on having him do another box type stand as well at some point. He made me some small tables out of the same material for under trees as well, I'll try to get pics up at least of those.

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Teasing or to damn busy my friend? :p

Grimmy
I should be able to take photos tomorrow. Had the study group yesterday, and today is my day to watch the dog, since Bill did it yesterday during the group. I now have the displays set that Owen and I worked out and will set them up and photo them. I'll also probably update other things while I have the photo set up out. Patience grasshopper...;)

Top Bottom