Snow's This is not a contest tree!

Reaction score
So First up we have my Trident maple
I got this off Ebay not too long ago
I have fertilized it one time, I may have overwatered it recently cause all the leaves burned up and I thought it was gonna die but it seems to be doing good. been less than a week since that happened. its about 2 ft tall, and 1.5 ft wide with about a 3 or 4 inch nebari, the trunk is only about 1.5 inches tho.
TM1.jpgTM2.jpgTMN.jpg
Picture of recent water damage/ leaf burningTM3L.jpg
I need to thicken the trunk and I want some kind of movement and taper.
I may need to graft some roots to the other side of the Nebari. Its not as full on the other side.
I guess I need to figure out if I want to air layer the top off, whether or not its worth it
Then If im gonna chop trunk maybe make grow box or put in ground
Not 100% on exact look im going for, once I develop trunk more I will be more sure

I also have my 2 Red Japanese maples, got them as a gift about a month ago.
Even tho I personally didnt think it was time to wire, I wired one up that I wanted to separate the two branches that were growing so close together.
they are about 1.5 ft tall and .5 inches wide
JM3.jpgJM1.jpg
These ones I want to fatten up a bit, I am thinking maybe keep one as shohin or similar eventually and let the other one grow in the ground maybe?

Finally my Azalea. I also got this recently off ebay
Its about a foot across and maybe 8 inches tall
When I first got it I tried to repot but the roots were really wet and I had lost enough of the roots where i just left the old soil, I think its vermeculite(hate that stuff) or simply just straight strophoam crumbles(thats what it felt like) either way, left what was left and stuck it in the new soil and said I would try another time
2 stems dropped off during this repot its been a while and they are still green so I may have some rooted cuttings, im not sure. ill have to check at some point if
AZLF.jpgAZLT.jpg
I want this to grow out alot more obviously
once its done flowering and starts to develop more branching I can figure out more of a direction I want to take hopefully this grows like crazy, Im half tempted to pop the flower buds off so it diverts to growing more. sadly, I thought I had done this already but it must have just been leaves. stupid mistake.

Keeping them alive is the major plan though!

Reaction score
The azalea is dead, I overfertilized it and it dried up and died. ill have to not do that again.

the Red japanese maples are growing well still. the one that I wired grew like crazy. the other one had some new growth, but the sun dried up some of the leaves so im waiting for the new buds to open up here in the next few weeks.
I had to up pot them about the end of june and since that they grew a bunch. I fertilized them plenty this season and they took it very will.

The trident maple is growing just fine. I defoliated it about 3 times this season and it came back stronger every time. It still doesnt look nearly close to what I want it to. I also fertilized this one plenty and it also took it very well.

I will make sure I never over fertilize any plants anymore.

I will post pics tomorrow!

Top Bottom