Snowy Avatar

Reaction score
USDA Zone
What's become known as the endless winter continues around the Finger Lakes regions of NY. Snowing this morning and in the 20's tonight. Sigh!

Attachments

• endless.jpg
    endless.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 61

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
What's become known as the endless winter continues around the Finger Lakes regions of NY. Snowing this morning and in the 20's tonight. Sigh!

I understand the tedium you feel for this past winter...but that's an awesome backdrop for an awesome larch...beautiful!

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Yep even down here we are still getting night time lows to 30 deg F. My trees have been back in the garage the past week. Might try moving them out again for the weekend and hope it stays warm after that......

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Awesome tree...but I think the marked branch is holding it back a bit.

attachment.php

Attachments

• endless.jpg
    endless.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 80

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
No snow up here, just a raw, windy day in the upper 30s. Probably going below freezing tonight, though, so a bunch of things will have to be moved into protected areas...yet again.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
No snow up here, just a raw, windy day in the upper 30s. Probably going below freezing tonight, though, so a bunch of things will have to be moved into protected areas...yet again.
I refuse to do the dance. Only my Forsythia is coming in because it's in full bloom.

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Yea, this year Im being stubborn about constant movng them in and out. Sitting around all last fall and winter on my arse waiting for my knee to heal didnt do my overall strength and stamina any favors. Moving the trees around can be a bit rough still.

GrimLore

Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I moved everything out and took the stuff that was mulched in all winter out of the mulch except for Tropicals when it seemed the weather would not go below 30ish anymore and they will remain out. So far all is coming along well. I miss NY but I do not miss Winter there :eek:

Grimmy

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Spoke too soon...we had snow falling about 15 minutes ago.

Most of my trees will be staying outside...only bringing in the few fully leafed maples and some small seedlings/cuttings (and semi-hardy like camellia) that would be most vulnerable. I've managed to keep most of my trees held back, most of the deciduous are just starting to push or open buds so they should be safe.

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Very windy today and tonight. Predicted wind chill tomorrow morning in the mid to upper 20s....
wheeeeeee.............

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Gah....I dont want that either.....

We have a freeze warning again for tonight in my area...lows in the mid 20s...

Last edited:
Top Bottom