So aggravating with posting pics

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
My problem with the recent "wary of AI trend"... (Now mind you... I'm a Luddite, as well, and I love sci-fi.)
...is that... Those warning us of, and consequently testing/probing, the violent capacities in these systems....

Are the same people involved IN programming them, and stand to gain, the most.

I believe we are DESIGNING ai WITH these capabilities for violence/anger... Just to FIT the trend...

Then "exposing" these prompts....for shock value.

They are making money on BOTH ends... Lazy Folks AND Conspiracy Theorists...

I've always though it (machine uprising) a fun possibility to explore, but always decimated by any experienced philosophical thought.

...that was, until we seemingly decided to make them WITH this capability. I believe our aspirations opened these gates and MAKE this theory MORE relevant...

Now it takes deeper philosophical analysis to argue against.

"Be careful! These robots/AI systems I'm creating, getting rich on, distributing ACTUALLY hold (preprogrammed) angst against humans and are (preprogrammed to be) CAPABLE to "take over violently".... Coming from the creators' mouths'....

"But DON't stop purchasing our products/services or investing... Don't do that!"

Does anyone ELSE see this blatant arrangement.

It's like US Cold Tea companies..... They pretty aggressively bash ALL the competition, until you realize that Lipton owns them all..

ShadyStump

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
That was true in 1995, not so much with machine learning and A.I. :)
I wrote a paper on that in college. they won't be able to get human or even mammalian level problem solving until they can figure out a trinary system.
And even then they'll all essentially be autistic because the computers won't have genetically ingrained instincts.

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Last edited:

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I discovered a technical issue that was causing some glitching when people tried to upload an uncompressed image file and the server went to apply image compression.

The issue has been resolved :)

It is a classic example of a piece of software "applying" settings that I didn't ask for, and then when I removed the software, it didn't reset the settings to where they were originally. Bad coding.

namnhi

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I discovered a technical issue that was causing some glitching when people tried to upload an uncompressed image file and the server went to apply image compression.

It is a classic example of a piece of software "applying" settings that I didn't ask for, and then when I removed the software, it didn't reset the settings to where they were originally. Bad coding.
This would definitely help. Just so frustrating that I stop posting pics. Will test it out and let you know.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score

Thanks again for all you do for us.

Top Bottom