So Cal nurseries

Dwight

Chumono
Reaction score
Went for a short trip to LA , LA land for the LA roadster show. Visited Fugi and Kimura bonsai nurseries. Fugi has a large selection of D trees so I didn't pay much attention to them. Roy is famous for his grafted Cal junies and rightfully so. They are spactacular.

Kimura also has a bunch of Cal junies but these are left with their own foilage. Beautiful trees. Lots od D trees as well. Nice folk here but the owner was AWOL.

Funny thing , both nurseries had some nice procumbas junies ( both large and nana ) but no shimpacu. I found that rather strange. Both also had nice expensive JBP's as well but I don't remember seeing any sumo trees ( thank goodness ).

Last edited:

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
Went for a short trip to LA , LA land for the LA roadster show. Visited Fugi and Kimura bonsai nurseries. Fugi has a large selection of D trees so I didn't pay much attention to them. Ben is famous for his grafted Cal junies and rightfully so. They are spactacular.

Kimura also has a bunch of Cal junies but these are left with their own foilage. Beautiful trees. Lots od D trees as well. Nice folk here but the owner was AWOL.

Funny thing , both nurseries had some nice procumbas junies ( both large and nana ) but no shimpacu. I found that rather strange. Both also had nice expensive JBP's as well but I don't remember seeing any sumo trees ( thank goodness ).

If you had gone by Jim Gremels up north, you would have seen plenty of shimps.I wish they would put all the D trees in the back, would save me a bunch of time.............:rolleyes:

keep it green,
Harry

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Went for a short trip to LA , LA land for the LA roadster show. Visited Fugi and Kimura bonsai nurseries. Fugi has a large selection of D trees so I didn't pay much attention to them. Ben is famous for his grafted Cal junies and rightfully so. They are spactacular.

Who is Ben?

Dwight

Chumono
Reaction score
I have no idea. I think he's related to this Roy person. Thanks for the correction Al

Top Bottom