So everyone got/getting their Fauci Ouchie? What are your thoughts?

Will you get or have you gotten your Fauci Ouchie?

• Yes

Votes: 48 77.4%
  • No

Votes: 12 19.4%
  • Think it is a great idea but afraid there's not enough research

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Against vaccination, period

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters

Mayank

Chumono
Reaction score
Myself and my wife are vaccinated now and hoping that as more people get vaccinated and/or get the Rona the pandemic will die a natural death and we can get back to an all-important life activity. Bonsai!
Now I know we do a lot of work on our trees in the solitude of our homes and gardens but what also attracted me to bonsai was the interaction, the camaraderie, the social aspect of it. Our local club has not had a live meeting since Feb 2020. We tried a couple of zoom meetings and they were OK but people lost interest. I am hoping that we can get back to meeting in person, workshops, shows etc and that if everyone got vaccinated then hopefully things will get better quicker. ON the other hand I understand that some people don't trust the vaccine and if they do they are confused by the different kinds and effectiveness etc etc. Some don't believe in them at all. Just curious how the bonsai community feels about getting their Fauci Ouchie!

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
As one respiratory compromised, and house bound four months before covid hit. Where my inhaler was no longer a rescue tool...and losing a couple loved ones to covid. My MIL 5 days before Christmas. I have my first shot in as does my husband. Second one on the 8th My boys 20 and 23 are signed up for April 1st. They don't fear as much for themselves. But don't want to bring it into my home where they currently live. One commuting to college...the other saving for a down payment for a home. It definitely a personal choice. My brother who had open heart...took his first shot. He is hoping to be fully vaccinated when he is fully released to go back to work at his office. Where covid has made it's circle a few times. My other brother, won't take it. That's his choice. My decision had nothing to do with Fauci, but my own personal health...and hearing the fear my boys had of bringing it home to me. Especially after losing their grandma. They have been so so careful. We all have been.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
We have all had our first shots in hopes that sometime soon, we can start living a more normal life. I also have a sneaking feeling that travel outside the country will require proof of the vaccination in the future, and I want to go back to the Bahamas in a couple of years for a big anniversary. I guess no one knows for sure, but we will feel more comfortable having received it.

Mayank

Chumono
Reaction score
Appointment arranged, in favour on both counts, personal health and social responsibility for others. Vaccination is a proven approach to community health. Thinking back to Polio for example. Oops does that give away my age?
I have had the polio vaccine and smallpox as well 😀😁

Mayank

Chumono
Reaction score
As one respiratory compromised, and house bound four months before covid hit. Where my inhaler was no longer a rescue tool...and losing a couple loved ones to covid. My MIL 5 days before Christmas. I have my first shot in as does my husband. Second one on the 8th My boys 20 and 23 are signed up for April 1st. They don't fear as much for themselves. But don't want to bring it into my home where they currently live. One commuting to college...the other saving for a down payment for a home. It definitely a personal choice. My brother who had open heart...took his first shot. He is hoping to be fully vaccinated when he is fully released to go back to work at his office. Where covid has made it's circle a few times. My other brother, won't take it. That's his choice. My decision had nothing to do with Fauci, but my own personal health...and hearing the fear my boys had of bringing it home to me. Especially after losing their grandma. They have been so so careful. We all have been.
It seems like you have been going through a really rough patch. I'm sorry you lost loved ones to Covid.

Mayank

Chumono
Reaction score
I'm getting mine. Even though I have an intense hate towards needles. A jab will literally knock me down.
My second jab, the one lady was so good I felt nothing and even wondered if she had given me the shot at all! In fact next day afternoon I started having side effects like chills and aches and I was so happy cause that meant I did get the jab 😅

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
My second jab, the one lady was so good I felt nothing and even wondered if she had given me the shot at all! In fact next day afternoon I started having side effects like chills and aches and I was so happy cause that meant I did get the jab 😅
I am a bit concerned about side effects from the 2nd shot. But will find out next Monday...

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Drink a couple of shots first, you won't feel a thing. 😄
That's how I think I got covid in the first place! Back when there weren't any lockdowns, half of our country celebrated carnaval by drinking and partying together. It was a super spreading event and a lot of people ended up with a nasty cough and fever. I couldn't lift a bag of soil without being out of breath for a while.

Mayank

Chumono
Reaction score
That's how I think I got covid in the first place! Back when there weren't any lockdowns, half of our country celebrated carnaval by drinking and partying together. It was a super spreading event and a lot of people ended up with a nasty cough and fever. I couldn't lift a bag of soil without being out of breath for a while.
Oh no. Hope you're doing better now!

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I'm getting mine. Even though I have an intense hate towards needles. A jab will literally knock me down.
Wiggle your toes. It sounds about ridiculous. But try to be relaxed. I went limp in the arm for my vaccine and I couldn't tell you the next day what arm it was given in if I had not known. No pain what so ever! But...when my son seen a pediatric dentist...he had him Wiggle his toes while in the dentist chair. You can not Wiggle your toes without concentration. It helped him work on small kids. So when you are not comfortable with vaccines. I would imagine it may help in the same sense.

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Nah, it's totally a mental thing. Whether it's dentists, jabs, blood tests, whatever, swing a needle past my face and I'll go KO. Even if I'm fully prepared, look away or do something else entirely.

I have drawn blood, I have sutured wounds, I've processed over 6000 vials of human and animal blood, but needles.. In my body?! System overload, crash imminent. After the reboot it's all fine though.
The first time it happened I got some kind of flu shot, I walked out smiling, no big deal! Then I collapsed against a wall. Now I just know I have to sit down for fifteen minutes, or in the case of my wisdom teeth; a full hour.

I've played around a little with needleless vaccine machines, they're pretty awesome - but they do leave a bruise. Right now they're testing on pigs, but I want that testing to go faster.

@Mayank I'm doing much better now, even started working out moderately. If it was covid, I had some of the mildest symptoms; three days of fever, six days of coughing.

Mapleminx

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Nah, it's totally a mental thing. Whether it's dentists, jabs, blood tests, whatever, swing a needle past my face and I'll go KO. Even if I'm fully prepared, look away or do something else entirely.

I have drawn blood, I have sutured wounds, I've processed over 6000 vials of human and animal blood, but needles.. In my body?! System overload, crash imminent. After the reboot it's all fine though.
The first time it happened I got some kind of flu shot, I walked out smiling, no big deal! Then I collapsed against a wall. Now I just know I have to sit down for fifteen minutes, or in the case of my wisdom teeth; a full hour.

I've played around a little with needleless vaccine machines, they're pretty awesome - but they do leave a bruise. Right now they're testing on pigs, but I want that testing to go faster.

@Mayank I'm doing much better now, even started working out moderately. If it was covid, I had some of the mildest symptoms; three days of fever, six days of coughing.
I have a friend who has the same reaction but not with needles. He cannot take a pulse, not even his own without passing out cold! Fat lot of good he’d be in an Emergency.

Mayank

Chumono
Reaction score
I have a friend who has the same reaction but not with needles. He cannot take a pulse, not even his own without passing out cold! Fat lot of good he’d be in an Emergency.
Yeah, I can't have blood drawn unless I'm lying down otherwise I pass out!

Top Bottom