So everyone got/getting their Fauci Ouchie? What are your thoughts?

Will you get or have you gotten your Fauci Ouchie?

• Yes

Votes: 48 77.4%
  • No

Votes: 12 19.4%
  • Think it is a great idea but afraid there's not enough research

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Against vaccination, period

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters

Mayank

Chumono
Reaction score
For Queen and country and all that
And all other great things British....like Jammie Dodgers, Crawford's custard cremes, Tiptree's black currant jam, mince pies (fruit) with clotted cream or brandy butter, chocolate covered or naked Digestives and of course the best of the best: CHEESE AND ONION CRISPS!

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Yeah, I can't have blood drawn unless I'm lying down otherwise I pass out!
Not making fun of you, it just put a funny picture in my head.

Mapleminx

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Does anyone else start to loathe the fact they wrote the year of its discovery into its name? We are now 2021 and as time ticks by the name is a constant reminder of how long we’ve had this b🤬🤬

Mayank

Chumono
Reaction score
Does anyone else start to loathe the fact they wrote the year of its discovery into its name? We are now 2021 and as time ticks by the name is a constant reminder of how long we’ve had this b🤬🤬
And the fact that no one seems to care about the distinction between SarsCov2 and Covid19...

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Honestly. It doesn't bother me. We will overcome it...and we will be able to see how far we came. From one who had loved ones die in 2020 and 2021 from covid. It does not bother me in the least.

Edit: I was surprised they allowed two loved ones in while they took their last breathe. Early covid...that didn't happen. Ones died alone. Because of that...my uncle in April 2020 "early on" chose to stop dialysis out of fear of catching it and dying alone. So he died at home with family by choice. My heart aches for those who died alone...for the families who faced that.

Deep Sea Diver

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Its been part of a saga out here.

One daughter in the family has gotten COVID, an MD. It was tough. She was sick. She got it because no %&@!! PPE was being replaced and they had the reuse PPE over and over. Better now, but I really feel for all who have lost loved ones. The anxiety was awful. The other MD daughter avoided the bullet, but she's in private practice and not always in the hospital.

That said, all our parents, my wife, I and 4 of the 6 daughters have gotten both shots with no issues (5 different states involved). One of the other girls has gotten the first shot and the final one is up for her shot next week.

I can attest to the fact that it was a big relief to get the first shot! Now it feels even better to know things are going to start to opening up. Yet I'm very sad to see a new surge occurring.

Please stay safe!

cheers
DSD sends

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
One thing that really irked me is the "tiers" for eligibility to get the shot, at least in our county and state. My husband is a truck driver and when the whole country was locked down, he was considered an "essential worker" and worked the whole time. But he wasn't eligible to get a shot until the county opened up to everyone over 16. He was essential enough to work the whole time, but not enough to get the shot. :mad:

Mapleminx

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
One thing that really irked me is the "tiers" for eligibility to get the shot, at least in our county and state. My husband is a truck driver and when the whole country was locked down, he was considered an "essential worker" and worked the whole time. But he wasn't eligible to get a shot until the county opened up to everyone over 16. He was essential enough to work the whole time, but not enough to get the shot. :mad:
That is just beyond infuriating, I have no words for how ridiculous it is that he was labeled an “essential worker” but not enough to be higher up in the vaccine queue. 😡😡

Deep Sea Diver

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
IMHO a lot of things went awry. Your husband’s dilemma was a very good and sad example.

The Fed gave the ball to the States right from the gitgo due to shirking its responsibility to lead and bring the nation together in a nationwide catastrophic health crisis. A year later we are still picking up the pieces and our national public health system, is recovering very slowly from the shambles it was left in from partisan politics. Some things used to be sacrosanct from politics. Not anymore.

My 93 YOA Grandfather, a medic in the War to end All Wars, who was gassed, shelled and shot at constantly in the battlefield told me one day, when I asked how he was said the following in 1988. “I’ve seen everything I ever imagined in life and more. Now I’m seeing things I never believed would happen in the world. I don’t want to see any more.” He passed away a year later.

I never used to understand what he meant. Now I’m getting his message.

DSD sends

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I have always hated getting shots. Not afraid of them, and Ive never passed out from getting shots or having needles put in to draw blood. I just dont like it. I get the flu shot every year.

I got my first dose of the COVID the past Wednesday and while I can say I wasn't overly excited about getting a shot, its definitely the first time I have ever actually was happy and relieved about getting one. Second one is in 3 weeks and Ill happily be there to get stuck again. The alternative is far worse in my opinion.

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
My 93 YOA Grandfather, a medic in the War to end All Wars, who was gassed, shelled and shot at constantly in the battlefield told me one day, when I asked how he was said the following in 1988. “I’ve seen everything I ever imagined in life and more. Now I’m seeing things I never believed would happen in the world. I don’t want to see any more.” He passed away a year later.

I never used to understand what he meant. Now I’m getting his message.

Funny how your perspective changes as you get older.
I can certainly relate and agree to your grandfather's sentiment
Pretty sad IMO

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
That is crazy. Here they started at 80+, then I believe it went to 65+, then 50+ lastly 16+. With specific medial conditions listed each time as well.

My medical condition didn't get covered until 50+. I'm not 50, but my husband is. So we got them together. I'm sorry to hear your husband didn't qualify until that age group.

I know the health department workers had hoped to start with 65+ instead of more fragile 80 year old group. To grasp side effects if noted so they would be more prepared for ones more frail.

Deep Sea Diver

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I know the health department workers had hoped to start with 65+ instead of more fragile 80 year old group. To grasp side effects if noted so they would be more prepared for ones more frail.

That’s exactly what I was talking about. To make it all crazier, it all depended on the state.
WA included lots of folks living with multigenerational household, serious conditions, comirbidities etc, caregivers in the first Tier. When I went to TN it was hard to even get my 96 YOA Dad and 94 YOA Mom with multiple conditions reserved for a shot in any county nearby for a month after they first started to give shots to the over 80.

I got my first shot before they did back home since I had asthma.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
That’s exactly what I was talking about. To make it all crazier, it all depended on the state.
WA included lots of folks living with multigenerational household, serious conditions, comirbidities etc, caregivers in the first Tier. When I went to TN it was hard to even get my 96 YOA Dad and 94 YOA Mom with multiple conditions reserved for a shot in any county nearby for a month after they first started to give shots to the over 80.

I got my first shot before they did back home since I had asthma.
See, that's so wrong in so many ways. Not that I'm not glad you got your vaccine. My respiratory disease wasn't listed...I finally questioned the health department. How my husband 50+ could be vaccinated. Yet, I who was house bound for 4 months before Covid was a thing...because my inhaler wasn't a rescue tool with the severity of my lungs had gotten. She put me on the phone to a nurse and I was scheduled the same time with my husband. I surely needed vaccinated with that history and a respiratory disease. People slide through the cracks.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
That is crazy. Here they started at 80+, then I believe it went to 65+, then 50+ lastly 16+. With specific medial conditions listed each time as well.

My medical condition didn't get covered until 50+. I'm not 50, but my husband is. So we got them together. I'm sorry to hear your husband didn't qualify until that age group.

I know the health department workers had hoped to start with 65+ instead of more fragile 80 year old group. To grasp side effects if no tosign upeted so they would be more prepared for ones more frail.
Our county and state handled the whole vaccination schedule very poorly in my opinion. We signed up on the county website, but were never contacted. I was eligible because I work in agriculture. I signed up to get my shot at Wal-greens and got it the next day. I finally convinced my husband to just sign up, and the day before he got his they opened up to everyone over 16, so good thing.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Our county and state handled the whole vaccination schedule very poorly in my opinion. We signed up on the county website, but were never contacted. I was eligible because I work in agriculture. I signed up to get my shot at Wal-greens and got it the next day. I finally convinced my husband to just sign up, and the day before he got his they opened up to everyone over 16, so good thing.
Oh geesh, your state did fumble the ball. Glad he's vaccinated. Essential workers should have been looked at in the realm of things. Especially traveling ones.

Mayank

Chumono
Reaction score
I am a bit concerned about side effects from the 2nd shot. But will find out next Monday...
So, did you have any side effects? I had fever and chills after about 22 hours and lasted just for some hours until I took some ibuprofen and went to bed. Nothing next day.

Top Bottom