So everyone got/getting their Fauci Ouchie? What are your thoughts?

Will you get or have you gotten your Fauci Ouchie?

• Yes

Votes: 48 77.4%
  • No

Votes: 12 19.4%
  • Think it is a great idea but afraid there's not enough research

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Against vaccination, period

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
But just boosting for boosting sake?
Yes, it is in fact boosting for boostings sake.
Omicron is mutated so much that the booster doesn't prevent or cure it, and hardly has any effect apart from numbing down the symptoms a whole lot. But there's still delta raging around which is way more damaging to people's insides. Delta is mutating too, here in Europe and eslewhere.
Omicron is covid extra light, so to speak. Managable. Nothing more than a cold in most cases. But we have the vaccines to ramp up our immune system for whatever else covid related is going around, best to keep it as 'nothing more than a common cold in most cases'. Because when it does hit hard, it hits super hard.

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Yes it does seem a bit strange that the shots are not lasting longer like for example the yearly flu shots. Maybe it’s due to the ridiculous amount of mutations going on? Also I’ve never really had any adverse reactions to any vaccines until these came long.

I don't pretend to know much about immunology (enough to be dangerous, maybe). I do know that for some reason, certain viral infections result in lifetime immunity, but others don't. For instance, you're not likely to get chicken pox more than once (but you might get a pseudo-encore in the form of shingles) but people can be infected by common cold viruses (including some non-covid coronaviruses) multiple times.

One of the problems with the currently available covid vaccines is that they are very specific to the spike protein of the original virus, which is just one part of the virus - it has many other proteins. And the spike is that part that has mutated most extensively, so the relatively narrow immunity produced by the vaccines is not as effective against the new variants. Fortunately it still appears to reduce the risk of serious illness and death. Perhaps even more fortunately, omicron appears to be less severe but it transmits so rapidly that it is having a dramatic impact on health systems even with the decreased severity for most people. I suspect that almost all of us will get it at some point.

Protection from flu shots doesn't last very long either.

Personally, I eventually wound up getting the 2 pfizer shots - one at the end of August and the second just before Thanksgiving. The first shot gave me a sore arm for a day or two. The second shot caused that, along with some body aches and a low fever (peak 100 F) for about a day and a half. My wife has had 3 shots and her reaction was similar.

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
2 first shots : Astrazeneca, no side efeect except a slightly sore shoulder for 2 days.
3rd shot : moderna : the same.

My mother (91) had 3 shots of Pfizer, the same.

My sister, just recovering from breast cancer, had a little temperature and felt tired for 2-3 days after her 2 first shots of Astrazeneca, no side effect afer her Moderna booster.

Nybonsai12

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Ugh.

I had only one shot of moderna in April of last year. First was sore arm, feeling out of it and then I developed constant high pitched ringing in my ears(tinnutis). Still have it now months later and there is no treatment, just hopes that it will go away.

There are many folks with similar adverse reactions, actually a few thousand in a FB group who had the same reaction as me. Most folks didn’t even report it until they were made aware of VAERS.

I was doing what I felt I needed to do for my personal situation. Lousy situation.

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Janssen vaccine with biontech booster. Besides a bit of a dull day, no side effects

Mayank

Chumono
Reaction score
I am wondering about these booster shots. Most vaccins I have had in my life were, after a second or thirs short, valid for a decade or more. Getting a booster for a different variety of the virus makes sense. But just boosting for boosting sake? Not a virologist, but it seems like this virus is treated a bit different from others.

Just waiting for the moment we can start treating this as "just another resperatory tract infection", and let it do its seasonal thing. The tricky balance between politics, science, hospital loads and public opinion..
Hepatitis has a series also. First one then a second I think in a month and then a "booster" in 6 months and rinse/repeat if you still don't develop adequate immune response. So I guess there may be different factors that may inform their guidelines.

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Yes, it is in fact boosting for boostings sake.
Guess what. Just been alerted I need to get boosted again. My initial vaccin was by Johnsson. Meanwhile germany has decided that has no long-term effect. So everyone vaccinated with Johnsson need to get boosted twice.

So.. I am collecting brands

First shot: Johnsson
Booster 1: Biontech
Booster 2: Moderna

In the long run this might be good. Different types of vaccins will all trigger just a slightly different response and thus offer a broader protection? It is what I am telling myself at least.

Rivian

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Does anyone care that the Pfizer CEO just said "2 doses of the vaccine offer very limited protection if any"?

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Guess what. Just been alerted I need to get boosted again. My initial vaccin was by Johnsson. Meanwhile germany has decided that has no long-term effect. So everyone vaccinated with Johnsson need to get boosted twice.

So.. I am collecting brands

First shot: Johnsson
Booster 1: Biontech
Booster 2: Moderna

In the long run this might be good. Different types of vaccins will all trigger just a slightly different response and thus offer a broader protection? It is what I am telling myself at least.
Me too!
I got Moderna and Pfizer. I might get a johnsson too if they're still available.

Maybe try some of that stuff the guys behind the train station are using. They vaccinate daily but the side effects seem to last just a couple hours. They look like they have an immune system that could take down an asteroid.

BrierPatch

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
It's all a "Big Pharma" /Govt scam. Prepare for lifetime of shots at a minimum of 1 every year.

Anyways I drank the Koolaid had all 3 Pfizer shots. Also like @Nybonsai12 I still have high pitched ringing in my ears that appeared after the 2nd shot. which was in May. Doc says not related tho, ya hmmm.
Can't wait to get my 4th, it comes with a check for 10 yuan from a govt funded research lab.

Nybonsai12

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
It's all a "Big Pharma" /Govt scam. Prepare for lifetime of shots at a minimum of 1 every year.

Anyways I drank the Koolaid had all 3 Pfizer shots. Also like @Nybonsai12 I still have high pitched ringing in my ears that appeared after the 2nd shot. which was in May. Doc says not related tho, ya hmmm.
Can't wait to get my 4th, it comes with a check for 10 yuan from a govt funded research lab.
If you are on Facebook, search for the group tinnitus hearing loss after vaccine. Lots of people with these symptoms post vax in addition to other issues. Plenty of talk on things to try and lessen symptoms etc. they’ve been censored a few times but are back up. Some folks have resolved with time, but not me not yet. Wish I never got it.

remember When they said it came from a pangolin, then bat soup. Then you needed to get vaxxed cuz we have two weeks to flatten the curve. Then you need to get vaxxed to stop the spread and protect grandma. Only to learn the vaxxed still spread it And reports alleged viral loads were the same in both vaxxed and unvaxxed. Then you need to get vaxxed to keep your job. So then some folks get fired and then the short staffed actually get Covid and are forced into caring for the sick. All of it is bonkers.

BrierPatch

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Lets not kill this thread
Sorry, was intended as a joke, kinda. Not some big disinformation campaign. Otherwise I wouldn't be fully vax'd.

Updated notes to myself: Never discuss politics, religion and now vaccines.

Lutonian

Chumono
Reaction score
Luton, East Anglia, England, Great Britain
USDA Zone
9a
If you are on Facebook, search for the group tinnitus hearing loss after vaccine. Lots of people with these symptoms post vax in addition to other issues. Plenty of talk on things to try and lessen symptoms etc. they’ve been censored a few times but are back up. Some folks have resolved with time, but not me not yet. Wish I never got it.

remember When they said it came from a pangolin, then bat soup. Then you needed to get vaxxed cuz we have two weeks to flatten the curve. Then you need to get vaxxed to stop the spread and protect grandma. Only to learn the vaxxed still spread it And reports alleged viral loads were the same in both vaxxed and unvaxxed. Then you need to get vaxxed to keep your job. So then some folks get fired and then the short staffed actually get Covid and are forced into caring for the sick. All of it is bonkers.
https://www.tinnitus.org.uk/coronav...H4e5NdhxxyN7FGI_-hB8TkbdWgwdr5yoaAs8yEALw_wcB British tinnitus association has some info on covid, covid vaccines and tinnitus.

Top Bottom