So how about this rain?

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Anyone know the exact measurement of a cubit? Much more rain and I'll have an Ark to build. Anyone else in the SE learning new stuff about their property drainage?

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
In all seriousness, we had a line of storms with thunder and lightning no less then once every minute or two that streamed over us for the entire night... at least 10 hours of uninterrupted thunderstorms. I figure we got at least 3 or 4 inches of rain overnight... that's almost 1/3 of a cubit, I think.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
In all seriousness, we had a line of storms with thunder and lightning no less then once every minute or two that streamed over us for the entire night... at least 10 hours of uninterrupted thunderstorms. I figure we got at least 3 or 4 inches of rain overnight... that's almost 1/3 of a cubit, I think.

I got to sit in Atlanta traffic on Tuesday at exactly rush hour while the rain went on and on. Not my favorite driving experience lately.

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
on the IL-WI border, a mile from ''da Lake''
USDA Zone
5b
I had 4 inches of snow in a little less than 3 hours on Sunday, 2/17. It was supposed to be a lite dusting of snow.

As a kid the house that I grew up in, the basement flooded with just about every rain. Today myself, and all my brothers and sisters own homes on hills.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Yeah, I drove home in that, too... my drive was a bit shorter then yours, I’d imagine.

I do gotta admit that the water pumping off of the cliff walls north of Chattanooga on 111 was pretty spectacular.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I had 4 inches of snow in a little less than 3 hours on Sunday, 2/17. It was supposed to be a lite dusting of snow.

As a kid the house that I grew up in, the basement flooded with just about every rain. Today myself, and all my brothers and sisters own homes on hills.

No snow yet for us this year. It's a shame also, I have the best front yard for sledding.

Top Bottom