So I started a blog

PeaceLoveBonsai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
What’s up Bnutters?

So, I decided to start a blog. You can check it out at peacelovebonsai.com

Although I don’t consider myself a bonsai expert of any kind, I do love me some bonsai! My plan is to talk about all things bonsai...

Book reviews, product reviews, some tree talk, some pot talk, and just about anything else I can think of.

I hope you’ll check it out. And I’m always open to feedback!

Thanks!

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
on the IL-WI border, a mile from ''da Lake''
USDA Zone
5b
Mike Mills of 17th Street BBQ in Murphysboro wrote a book, "Peace Love & BBQ", is that where you borrowed the idea for the title? Its a good title. And if you are even down south, do hit up 17th Street BBQ, they have great BBQ.

Nice blog, I like the start you have made.

PeaceLoveBonsai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Mike Mills of 17th Street BBQ in Murphysboro wrote a book, "Peace Love & BBQ", is that where you borrowed the idea for the title? Its a good title. And if you are even down south, do hit up 17th Street BBQ, they have great BBQ.

Nice blog, I like the start you have made.

Thanks Leo!

I actually had not heard of that, until now. But I loooooooove, BBQ, so I’ll check it out!

bluone23

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Nice blog and pics.

I am using Feedly to get notifications via RSS from several blogs when they post something new.
Can you check if you can activate this function? 3C9C92B4-77B0-4E19-9445-2A80899FA75C.jpeg

PeaceLoveBonsai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a

PeaceLoveBonsai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I can’t remember where, but I think it was on bnut that I saw a discussion about the deadwood on American Bonsai. The argument was that bonsai in the US has too much deadwood, or that the deadwood is not realistic. I recently took a trip to the Utah/NV area and man, the junipers out there are rad! And chalk full of deadwood!!
439A6C02-756F-4404-A25A-0228D2F3AA56.jpeg
904D96DA-3010-4D1E-933D-981BA00116DF.jpeg
I wrote a bit about them this week. Check this out, if interested.

PeaceLoveBonsai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Pretty excited about this one!

I interviewed Bjorn and we discussed all sorts of stuff! And this time, we are giving away a 3 month subscription to his new BonsaiU.

Sorry, @Carol 83 , you have to go to my Instagram page to enter, but @leatherback this one is open to US and non-US residents!

I hope you ya’ll enjoy the interview, I think I hit on some different topics than what you might have heard before from Bjorn.

Njyamadori

Chumono
Reaction score

I interviewed Bjorn and we discussed all sorts of stuff! And this time, we are giving away a 3 month subscription to his new BonsaiU.

Sorry, @Carol 83 , you have to go to my Instagram page to enter, but @leatherback this one is open to US and non-US residents!

I hope you ya’ll enjoy the interview, I think I hit on some different topics than what you might have heard before from Bjorn.
Lol I read the whole entire interview so fast because it was so good. If you didn’t please make a YouTube channel cause I hate reading 😂

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score

I thought it was a great interview. He came across as very down to earth, more man than myth. It's a tribute to your interviewing skills, good questions led to interesting answers.

PeaceLoveBonsai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I thought it was a great interview. He came across as very down to earth, more man than myth. It's a tribute to your interviewing skills, good questions led to interesting answers.
Thanks Carol! And yes, he’s very down the earth.

WavyGaby

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b

Great interview!

PeaceLoveBonsai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
This week, an interview with the great Pauline Muth. Check it out, if you'd like. Some interesting discussions about bonsai societies and conventions and whether they still have a place like they once did.. Also, some discussion of women in bonsai. I hope you enjoy!

Top Bottom