So quiet...

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
As soon as the weather gets nice people stop hanging out in front of their computers and start working on their trees :) Of course in Southern California you never STOP working on your trees except for during the winter which goes from January 3 - January 7 every year (shorter during warm years)...

My black pines are already pushing their 2nd set of candles...

Tachigi

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Of course in Southern California you never STOP working on your trees except for during the winter which goes from January 3 - January 7 every year (shorter during warm years)...

Sure rub it in ..... I think I'll take a little salt with my northern exposed wound ;)

Reaction score
USDA Zone
JBP here are still pushing the first candles.

This is a busy time of the yar for all....

Will

Reaction score
USDA Zone
As soon as the weather gets nice people stop hanging out in front of their computers and start working on their trees :) Of course in Southern California you never STOP working on your trees except for during the winter which goes from January 3 - January 7 every year (shorter during warm years)...

When do you candle there? In March? What technique are you using?

Tiberious

Yamadori
Reaction score
Im at about half a candle. Pruned the top off a seedling last year (bad mistake!) Its taken a whole year to show any new growth. Wont be doing that again :)

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
When do you candle there? In March? What technique are you using?

Yes I candled in March. I waited as long as possible but we had a warm spring and in some cases I feel I waited too long. Depending on the tree and what I am trying to accomplish, I can get two growing seasons in one year here. I am bud pruning right now on some of my trees - while others that need more balancing I am letting grow more aggressively and will cut back hard once again this year to push the grow back and down.

Bill S

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Anybody know how to spell the sound of a bronx cheer, oh you 10 month growing seasoners. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom