So, You Think You're Good With Graphics?

BONSAI GARAGE

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6A
Still no word on the contest results. I see the site is some what back. The Web site cannot be found
The Web site you are looking for is unavailable due to its identification configuration settings.

Maybe now they are updating it with the new logo. Who knows???

Emil Brannstrom

Yamadori
Reaction score
Got this message from Min Hsuan Lo:

"Hi!

I just wanted to know what's happening regarding the ASPAC logo competition. When and where will the winners be announced?

Best Regards
Emil

Hi ,
The logo was come out, we will announce very soon . Please wait .
Min Hsuan Lo"

Regards
Emil

BONSAI GARAGE

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6A
So I got an email from Beatrice Huang.. Looks like 5 of my submissions were selected out of a possible 6.. Now they want me to send my bank account number to recieve payment.... LOL It just keeps getting more strange.. Emil did you hear anything? The websites still down too. :confused:

Tachigi

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
So I got an email from Beatrice Huang.. Looks like 5 of my submissions were selected out of a possible 6.. Now they want me to send my bank account number to recieve payment.... LOL It just keeps getting more strange.. Emil did you hear anything? The websites still down too. :confused:

O MY.... thats not Kosher

Under Par

Seed
Reaction score
The ASPAC coordinators used direct bank transfers to accept payment for attending their show, so it doesn't surprise me that they want to send the logo winner payment via a bank transfer. BTW, was the prize money in Taiwan dollars or US dollars? 1 $US = $30 dollars Taiwan.

BONSAI GARAGE

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6A
Thanks for the info UP... May have hope after all. I'm waiting for a reply to my latest email. It was in US dollars..

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
hmmm... if it were me, I'd want to open a free checking account to give them a number for. Good luck with it! And congrats on being selected... V

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Asking for a bank account # for international transfer is not uncommon. I would, however, ask your bank if they have a temp account, as Vic mentioned, or if there is another way to facilitate the e-transfer without disclosing your personal #.--

If you must send your number to them, send half of the number in one email, the second set of digits in another, seperate email later. This could help in not putting all that info in a single email that could be intercepted, stored improperly, or hacked.

Last edited:

BONSAI GARAGE

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6A
Asking for a bank account # for international transfer is not uncommon. I would, however, ask your bank if they have a temp account, as Vic mentioned, or if there is another way to facilitate the e-transfer without disclosing your personal #.--

If you much send your number to them, send half of the number in one email, the second set of digits in another, seperate email later. This could help in not putting all that info in a single email that could be intercepted, stored improperly, or hacked.
My wife works at my bank.. We're going to figure it out.. I'm still waiting to hear back from them though. I'd kinda like to know what LOGO actually won the damn thing. :confused:

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
hehehe... I once sent cc info as a secure zip file of a photograph of the number... with the pword to the zip in a different email all together. ;)

Tachigi

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Giving up your checking account number in this day and age is still not Kosher. There are many avenues open to move around money internationally without divulging your personal information to an unknown. You'd think that they would use xoom, money gram, pay pal etc. to name a few ....

Now if you were talking about ordering a container full of akadama from Japan that might be a different issue.

BONSAI GARAGE

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6A
I just saw this on Min Hsaun Lo's Blog.. Still don't know if I won 1st or not. Sounds like 2nd-6th
Rosemarie Voelker said,
November 21, 2009 @ 4:53 am

I had a wonderful time at the 10th ASPAC. Your expo was overwhelming in the quality and artistry of your exhibits. Having seen only pictures of your Bonsai and Suiseki in the past, did not prepare me for the beauty and grandeur of the live exhibits. Your generosity and warm welcome was unequaled and I want to thank you very much for giving me this opportunity to experience your world of bonsai and the kindness of the people of Taiwan.
Rosemarie Voelker

xuang said,
November 23, 2009 @ 11:17 am

Hi master Lo,
May i know who win the Logo design competition?
Thanks

JTreadway said,
November 25, 2009 @ 2:14 am

Can you tell me who won the LOGO contest? thanks

Min Hsuan Lo said,
November 27, 2009 @ 12:01 pm

Hi Xusang & JTreadway,
The Logo contest was come out, will publish soon. Please wait for a while.

STILL WAITING...:rolleyes:

Emil Brannstrom

Yamadori
Reaction score
Here's one of my entries:
34drbzm.jpg

BONSAI GARAGE

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6A
Here's another update to this fiasco. I sent a couple more emails asking WTF is up questions. So I didn't win 5 spots. They apologized by saying their English was bad. I got $300 for a runner up. Also they told me today that Kevin Shen (Mr. Kevin) passed away. So they need to find somebody else to handle things. Said they need to ask chief operation about my bonus. SO weird..

Top Bottom