So you want to be a Professional?

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Sorry Will I already posted five while I was making my long winded post. Have at those.

These are collected trees, just so you won't be throwing that stupid "I bought them thing again".

Except the procumbens that was a nursery tree.

Here's a picture of it as bought just so you don't get the wrong idea.

So Al, what nursery did all the pruning back on this procumbens? How about a few before pics of the branch structure?

So what about the challenge you posted Al, you game, you okay with my conditions? You challenged me, I don't care, pre-bonsai, checkbook bonsai, whatever you need for your ego. You made the challenge, I accepted it. You post one tree, I'll post one tree. Your choice of styles.

Below is from my post above, lest it get lost in all your words......

Okay Al, even though you dodged out of or ignored every challenge I ever threw at you, I'll accept yours under the follwoing simple conditions.

1) You pick the style, any style is fine with me

2) You post it here, right in this thread where you started all this crap

3) You post your tree first, one tree and only one, then I'll post one and only one.

4) No need for judges, the membership here will see the truth for what it is.

5) This ends these stupid gun fights from you once and for all.

If you agree to these few conditions, then you're on.

BUT, I'll make a new thread, so it remains up and uncluttered for you.

Will

Boondock

Shohin
Reaction score
so is this the "Leading By Example" you talked about 2 weeks ago?

I think it is time we all stepped up and make it a point not to be part of the problem we complain about. The old saying is that if you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem.

he'll challenge me for no other cause than his overinflated ego

Al has a deep psychological need to be better than me

I think Al just suffers from pinus envy

Asus101

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I have never seen anyone twist the truth as much as you do. Remember Vance Wood, John Chown, and others besides myself were mass banned from Bchat. We all outlasted that forum.
Cheers,
Will

Didn't John clown and hector hack that forum and claim it was an accident?
Them and their little bum buddies tried getting me banned from Ausbonsai, when it failed they threatened to kick my head in, hack my bnut account, spammed pm's to others with abuse and again threatened to kick my head in...

I lol'ed.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hi Ausus,

I can't speak for the spam, threats, and what not, neither Jon or Hector are here on this forum to defend themselves so you can say anything you'd like, I guess.

However, the "hacked" story doesn't fly. The admin there was changing forum permissions and inadvertently left access to the usually hidden moderator forums open to the public. This I understand, being admin on a couple of forums, it happens sometimes if you're not careful. I wasn't involved in that incindent at Bchat, the permissions were fixed soon afterward. What did happen was that Jon read some of the moderator posts, took screen shots of them and shared them. They included the thought that a rather famous bonsai artist was leading a huge conspiracy to take over bchat and also a plot by the mods to rig a contest in their favor.

I am guilty of taking the screen shots that were emailed to me and posting them right on the forum at bchat. It seems transparency was not appreciated.

After the mass banning, bchat died for all intents and purposes. Later, sadly, the owner had a few health issues and it died completely, however a couple of these mods started up the forum under .net instead of .com, I guess they never did get permission for the domain name.

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
So Al, what nursery did all the pruning back on this procumbens? How about a few before pics of the branch structure?

Will

Boy oh boy. Thats why you are where you are and that is why I am where I am. You don't know the difference.

may I suggest Bonsai for dummy's...you need a refresher course my man.

Look at the photo's below. That juniper has never been touched by any one remotly to do with bonsai. Just a plain ole 5 gallon procumbens, half dead at best. When I cut all the foliage off everything underneath was yellow. If it hadn't been for my humic acid regiman it would have died months ago..... but you knew that.

Attachments

• DSC_000311.JPG
    DSC_000311.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 53
  • DSC_000411.JPG
    DSC_000411.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 48
  • DSC_0001111.JPG
    DSC_0001111.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 50
  • DSC_001211.JPG
    DSC_001211.JPG
    69.6 KB · Views: 47
  • DSC_0002112.JPG
    DSC_0002112.JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Here is the progression.

Attachments

• DSC_00321.JPG
    DSC_00321.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 53
  • DSC_00011.JPG
    DSC_00011.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 49
  • DSC_0012.jpg
    DSC_0012.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 57
  • DSC_00041.JPG
    DSC_00041.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 44
  • DSC_000511.JPG
    DSC_000511.JPG
    59 KB · Views: 44

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Of course this is where it is today,,,two years later. Less time than you been doing bonsai based on your climate.

You have anything close?

Attachments

• DSC_0013.JPG
    DSC_0013.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 61

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
20 months to be exact....

TheSteve

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Somehow I knew this is how you would play it Will. Just like every other time someone calls you out. You have no credibility and even less integrity.

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Nope, you win Al, so what?

Now, should I just add you to my ignore list or are you finally done trying to prove you're the "Internet Master?"

Will

Nope not the internet master...but I know who the internet chicken is..

bwak..bwak bwak..bwak

You crack me up, how many more years you think you need, i'll still be here. I was here many years before you came.

This is it folks, nothing to see here. In fact there never was anything to see here. Will has been waiting years to play the shell game. Ok funny, I was had. What more could I expect from a self admitted plagiarist, liar and cheater.

Ok you win..keep posting your wordy drival about bonsai, I think everyone knows just where you "really" stand in the bonsai community...nowhere.

Just for laughs, come on post at least one or two progressions, the newbies need something to aspire to..

Bwah ha ha ha bwah ha ha...man it don't get no better than this.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Easy Al, you won, you're the Internet Master, isn't that what you wanted to prove? You got it, move along little man....

Will

Rick Moquin

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Some people can talk the talk and others can walk the walk.

I'm surprised that a gauntlet was ever thrown in this case. I have similar climate conditions, have been at it the same time almost to the day, and have allot more to show for my efforts, and that is without any assistance.

Next thing he will probably come back with is that you sucker punched him :D Nice shiner Will :p

ovation22

Mame
Reaction score
I read through 8 pages of nonsense for this? I thought at least there would be trees from 2 individuals in here. What gives? Nothing to see? Nothing to learn? Nothing to teach? Just more stupid forum games? Well played.

Ross

Shohin
Reaction score
Some people can talk the talk and others can walk the walk.

I'm surprised that a gauntlet was ever thrown in this case. I have similar climate conditions, have been at it the same time almost to the day, and have allot more to show for my efforts, and that is without any assistance.

I guess you walk the walk then Rick? You must be too busy on your bonsai blog to post pictures here because I have seen only two small hinokis from you this year. Will, get off the podium so Rick can get on for a bit, and from now on you boys remember to take turns.

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
I read through 8 pages of nonsense for this? I thought at least there would be trees from 2 individuals in here. What gives? Nothing to see? Nothing to learn? Nothing to teach? Just more stupid forum games? Well played.

Here ya go John, so you didn't waste all your time. An Itowgawa grafted California Juniper by Jim Gremel and styled by Marco.

keep it green,
Harry

Attachments

• DSC07820.jpg
    DSC07820.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 40
  • DSC07842.jpg
    DSC07842.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 47
Top Bottom